• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photo improvement

Community Beginner ,
Oct 07, 2022 Oct 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there. This photo got rejected. I'd like some feedback on why. Is it because it's the wrong colour space? Or is it too sharp?

TOPICS
Contributor critique

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 3 Correct answers

Community Expert , Oct 07, 2022 Oct 07, 2022

Hello,

Ist question, what category of rejection did you get? Quality issues or IP?

If IP (Intellectual property) you will need a signed release for the sealife helium balloons.

If Quality issues, then it is not very sharp. You need a faster shutter speed to get the balloons sharp. There is a slight motion blur on the balloons. The composition could be better as well.

Another point, what is the aim of this picture? What commercial interest does it have? Who will buy it?

Have a read of this from

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Oct 07, 2022 Oct 07, 2022

You've misunderstood me.

Not sharp:

20220911-_MG_.JPG

Your shutter speed is 1/45 sec. It's too slow for movement. The buildings in the background indicate camera shake.

You can't fix this in post!

I do wonder about IP issues as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Oct 08, 2022 Oct 08, 2022

Why do you overprocess your pictures?

Abambo_0-1665245684706.png

Your second picture is all out of focus, underexposed and shows also plenty of artefacts:

Abambo_2-1665245846944.png

In addition, you will get an IP strike, if you do not edit out any logos, business names etc.

The Sidney opera can't be photographed without a model release, but as your first picture shows the bridge as the main subject, it may pass.

Read absolutely the user manual and the resources below. If you are new to stock, you should consider these resources: https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/tutorials.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Ist question, what category of rejection did you get? Quality issues or IP?

If IP (Intellectual property) you will need a signed release for the sealife helium balloons.

If Quality issues, then it is not very sharp. You need a faster shutter speed to get the balloons sharp. There is a slight motion blur on the balloons. The composition could be better as well.

Another point, what is the aim of this picture? What commercial interest does it have? Who will buy it?

Have a read of this from Adobe about how to create better photos:
https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/how-to/tips-stock-image-acceptance.html?set=stock--fundamentals--adobe...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the feedback. I've just resubmitted the image. Having read the requirements, I've reduced the sharpening. Re buyers, I think people who have been to Bondi may buy it 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You've misunderstood me.

Not sharp:

20220911-_MG_.JPG

Your shutter speed is 1/45 sec. It's too slow for movement. The buildings in the background indicate camera shake.

You can't fix this in post!

I do wonder about IP issues as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 08, 2022 Oct 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, colour space is also wrong. When you read the user manual, you will see that pictures need to be submitted in sRGB. Most display programs now consider the colour space, but if you look at a file like this in a program who does not, the colours will be very flat because the program will assume sRGB.

BTW: Your camera does better than this, by reducing the f value to a reasonable value (6-8), lowering the ISO to 100 and getting a shorter exposure time.

I agree with @ricky336, there is nothing you can do to improve this picture to a point it would be needed to pass. And then, I would expect to get an IP strike on the objects. They don't look like standard buyable objects, but seam to be custom-made. There was a lot of effort that went into the design of those.

And no: nobody who was there at the place would buy it. If at all, there would be a newspaper or a blog for an article about this event, but I suppose they find plenty of better pictures around, maybe also from their standard network. Visitors of the event would have their phone images and that would be enough.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok thanks. So would I be better off uploading photos of Sydney Harbour? I have plenty of those. I'm looking to target the travel sector. I'm also thinking of capturing photos with a remote working theme.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why do you overprocess your pictures?

Abambo_0-1665245684706.png

Your second picture is all out of focus, underexposed and shows also plenty of artefacts:

Abambo_2-1665245846944.png

In addition, you will get an IP strike, if you do not edit out any logos, business names etc.

The Sidney opera can't be photographed without a model release, but as your first picture shows the bridge as the main subject, it may pass.

Read absolutely the user manual and the resources below. If you are new to stock, you should consider these resources: https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/tutorials.html
Please read the contributor user manual for more information on Adobe stock contributions: https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/user-guide.html
See here for rejection reasons: https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/help/reasons-for-content-rejection.html
and especially quality and technical issues: https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/help/quality-and-technical-issues.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In addition to the issues noted by Abambo, both of these images are oversaturated.

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 09, 2022 Oct 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You would be better off photographing something that is unique to Australia. Sydney Harbour Bridge has been done to death. Australia has a lot to offer. Try to get away from the typical snapshot. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How about capturing local flora and fauna like wattle? Or the lighthouses? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try not to do plants and flowers. That has also been done to death. You really need to think outside the box. That's the hard part! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How about capturing people working remotely in an outdoor setting? I know that's another subject matter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

People who are recognizable will need to sign model releases at the photo shoot.  Under age children will need model model releases signed by their parent or legal guardian. 

To help inspire you,  I have compiled a list of possible subjects to photograph below.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/stock-contributors-discussions/how-to-sell-stock-images/m-p/12780712#...

Photography is a learning process.  Enroll in photography courses online at your community college.  Join a photography club and go on photo outings together. 

Snapshots merely capture moments.  Extraordinary photographs tell a story and invite viewers into the world you've created with your camera.  Mastering the latter takes time and practice, practice, practice.  Have fun with it.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the link. Helpful. Now I know what would be worth my time capturing. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 10, 2022 Oct 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

How about capturing people working remotely in an outdoor setting? I know that's another subject matter

By @karena60631381

People at work and people at leisure is always a great subject, especially if your pictures are showing diversity. But with people, you will need model releases. You can't use the pictures without a release. So, no spontaneous shooting, no street photography, no places, where you can't get a property release, if the site is not generic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 10, 2022 Oct 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How about capturing local flora and fauna like wattle? Or the lighthouses? 

By @karena60631381

I do flowers and lighthouses. But I do not shoot them for stock. When I have an image, suitable for stock, I upload. You don't get rich, doing so, however.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines