• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photo non accepted

Explorer ,
Nov 19, 2021 Nov 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The photo I am attaching was not accepted.
I was not given the reason.
What do you think it could be?
Maybe because there are so many photos of persimmon on a white background?

TOPICS
Contributor critique

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Nov 19, 2021 Nov 19, 2021

Cropped too tight and shot with a flash, resulting in hot spots and harsh shadows. They also aren't arranged in a pleasing manner and are somewhat flawed. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Nov 22, 2021 Nov 22, 2021

Hello,

Bear in mind that as this is for stock, I think the blemishes on the fruit could be rather off putting. Even though they are 'real', they don't look so appetising; they should be 'perfect' (I think, as they will be used for commercial/stock purposes).

The arrangement and composition isn't good either.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

"I was not given the reason."

Yes, you were, albeit not a very detailed one (technical issues, similar content, commercial attractiveness, intellectural properly, etc... are reasons given).

Which was it?

Michael

Michael Niessen - Photographer, photo-editor, educator

Photo-editing (Ps/Lr/LrC) and photography workshops & one-on-one training (off- and online)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cropped too tight and shot with a flash, resulting in hot spots and harsh shadows. They also aren't arranged in a pleasing manner and are somewhat flawed. 

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 22, 2021 Nov 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Bear in mind that as this is for stock, I think the blemishes on the fruit could be rather off putting. Even though they are 'real', they don't look so appetising; they should be 'perfect' (I think, as they will be used for commercial/stock purposes).

The arrangement and composition isn't good either.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your kind interventions. In fact, looking better at the photo, I realized that the main problem is, beyond the composition, the fact that the fruits are ripe and bruised. After taking the photo I ate at least 3 or 4 because they were ripe, sweet and delicious. Next time I will be more attentive and will follow your advice. Greetings from Italy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

quoteI was not given the reason.
What do you think it could be?
By @vit0c72708961

You were given a reason, and I bet it was "Technical issues". Even if the reason that is given is not very specific for efficiency reasons of the moderation, you should always tell us, what Adobe told you…

Besides the really unpleasant presentation as pointed out by @ricky336, the flaws in the lightning as pointed out by @Jill_C, you should also improve your photoshopping skills. But before you even start to take the picture, it would be best to arrange the subjects in a way that photoshopping is not needed because it's time-consuming and really needs to be done correctly.

Abambo_0-1637587659838.png

(please note that the arrows do not point to all the defects even in this small excerpt!)

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Grazie!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines