• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photo not accepted for technical issues

New Here ,
Jan 02, 2021 Jan 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could anyone help tell me reasons why my photo would not be accepted for stock?

DSC_4131-4.jpg

[Moderator moved the thread to the correct forum]

TOPICS
Contributor critique

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Jan 03, 2021 Jan 03, 2021

Colours are wrong and there is too much noise and the main subject, which is probably the building is not sharp. In addition, colours are washed out in the reflection.

Abambo_0-1609712671811.png

You need to look at your images at 100% (and sometimes 200%) to look at defects and artifacts. Generally, Adobe stock does not allow your pictures to be edited to give an unnatural look. We are here to produce craft, not art. (and btw there are a lot of push button filters allowing the buyer to get the same effect, as soon as t

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Jan 03, 2021 Jan 03, 2021

Don't piggypack your problems, create an own thread please.

But as you have given an answer: No, the picture is not gergeous if looked at 100%, besides the wrong colours, which would be OK for an artistic posting (remember: stock is about craft, not art...), but not for stock.

Your's the same, but also this picture, looking at 100% (well, eve the small preview hints it) is out of focus, which is a no go for any picture for sale.

Abambo_0-1609713172432.png

Eyes need to be crisp sharp for all portaits (animal and human

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Jan 03, 2021 Jan 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think it is gorgeous!!! I am having the same problem with my photos. Perhaps because they are heavily photoshopped? I don't know about yours, but mine is. I wouldn't have imagined Adobe to have an issue with that, though. Here is just one picture they've denied...bwseal.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't piggypack your problems, create an own thread please.

But as you have given an answer: No, the picture is not gergeous if looked at 100%, besides the wrong colours, which would be OK for an artistic posting (remember: stock is about craft, not art...), but not for stock.

Your's the same, but also this picture, looking at 100% (well, eve the small preview hints it) is out of focus, which is a no go for any picture for sale.

Abambo_0-1609713172432.png

Eyes need to be crisp sharp for all portaits (animal and human), and this is independant of the use. In this picture nothing is in focus. Sorry for being blunt, but you will not progress with nice words.

This said: Your editing is quite nice for a picture you would send in to a contest or an exposition, but it's awful for stock sales, as it will mean limited applications. You have better to submit correctly exposed pictures in colour that the buyer can modify as he or she needs.

Social media will give you many likes, because on a small screen it will look nice. Keep it at that level for this picture, improve your next takes for anything behond instagram.

If you are new to stock, you should consider these resources: https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/tutorials.html
Please read the contributor user manual for more information on Adobe stock contributions: https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/user-guide.html
See here for rejection reasons: https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/help/reasons-for-content-rejection.html
and especially quality and technical issues: https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/help/quality-and-technical-issues.html

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Kathleen5E9E ,

The animal is totally out of focus. It is lacking contrast. The right side has lost details. There is no way someone could crop it out of its original background.

Best wishes

JG

https://incomepayout.blogspot.com/p/income-requirements-and-payout.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 04, 2021 Jan 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I apologize for 'piggybacking' problems, I was not aware of the unwritten rules of the forum. (I don't typically enter forum discussions, so I am as amateur as my photography!) I can agree to the image lacking high detail and sharpness; however, lack of contrast? It would seem that these stock sites are for seasoned professionals only. I love my photograph and while I wasn't able to capture this shot in crisp details, I am pleased with my lowly abilities to render it into something creative that looks quite remarkable to me on a greeting sized print. I appreciate the remarks and would utilize them if I thought that this would actually take off; but I can accept that photography is, and should remain, a fun hobby.

Have a lovely 2021!

Kate

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Kathleen5E9E ,

I can understand your point of view. I can remember looking at some photos that I thought were really awesome that I uploaded, some accepted, some rejected. Today I look back on those photos, and some of which were accepted I ask, why were they accepted. With new experience and progress in knowledge I find all the faults. I am today critique of my own photos. 

Fortunately stockphoto platforms like Adobe and others with forums like these help to give us an opportunity to develop our skills as amateur photographer. The little details you never new were important, you learn them, and if you are so passionate, you can gather more information elsewhere to sharpen your skills. 

While you do not have to be a seasoned photographer to start uploading, you are in fact competing with seasoned, and professional photographers. Your files might not reach up to their quality, but has the potential to, and until then your photos will be selling side by side with theirs. How long it takes for your photos to its potential quality depends on you, your attitude, and how much time and effort you put in. Here is your opportunity to have your work reviewed, critique,and commented on while you learn how to be a better photographers. You may go through my signature link for more tips and and feel free to ask questions I'll be happy to answer or direct you to resources that can sharpen your skills. You might not be a seasoned photographer, but you can become one. 

Evey now and then look through photos shot by professionals or seasoned photographers. That also helps.

Best wishes

JG

https://incomepayout.blogspot.com/p/income-requirements-and-payout.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Colours are wrong and there is too much noise and the main subject, which is probably the building is not sharp. In addition, colours are washed out in the reflection.

Abambo_0-1609712671811.png

You need to look at your images at 100% (and sometimes 200%) to look at defects and artifacts. Generally, Adobe stock does not allow your pictures to be edited to give an unnatural look. We are here to produce craft, not art. (and btw there are a lot of push button filters allowing the buyer to get the same effect, as soon as the image is technically correct).

If you are new to stock, you should consider these resources: https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/tutorials.html
Please read the contributor user manual for more information on Adobe stock contributions: https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/user-guide.html
See here for rejection reasons: https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/help/reasons-for-content-rejection.html
and especially quality and technical issues: https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/help/quality-and-technical-issues.html

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @defaultoxui8um0gxfp ,

In addition to what is being said, there is also pink color fringing as seen around the refection in the water.

Best wishes

JG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @defaultoxui8um0gxfp,

Technical issues aside, I think your surreal image colors might have good sales on other Stock image sites.  But I don't think the colors are right for what Adobe Stock's customers are looking for.  That's just my opinion, of course.  Personally, I like it but I'm not sure I would buy it for a million dollar commercial ad campaign. 

Keep at it.  I'm sure you'll have better luck with your next submission.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Complete poppycock. I cannot believe this is an Adobe forum. Mind boggling...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

"Complete poppycock. I cannot believe this is an Adobe forum. Mind boggling..."

=============

Actually this is a user-to-user forum with some infrequent Adobe staff participation.  Unless you see an Adobe Staff badge beside the Avatar, you're talking to fellow product users & contributors, not Adobe reviewers.

Good luck!

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines