• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photo Post Processing with AI Tools

Community Expert ,
Mar 30, 2023 Mar 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think I just got bitten by the AI bug.

All of my last submission was refused. Strangely enough, a portion were refused by Shutterstock because Shutterstock is not accepting AI images due to legal reasons.

The images were photos where noise reduction, sharpening and enhancement was performed in post processing with Topaz's Photo AI software.

I believe, the Adobe moderator believed them to be AI images.

Any comments or personal expierence?   

Here are a few of the photos:

TOPICS
Contributors

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, @RALPH_L,

I think it's more the quality bug:

Abambo_1-1680177812403.pngAbambo_2-1680177854674.pngAbambo_3-1680177893002.png

Topaz Photo AI is probably allowed. What Shutterstock disallows are generative AI assets, that's different.

And to be honest: Regardless of what Shutterstock says, Shutterstock does not allow you to upload generative AI because they offer that as a service to their customers. You do not bring in competition on that level… 😉

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, @Abambo , but that was reason Shutterstock gave.

"Non-Licensable Content: We cannot accept this submission into our commercial or editorial collection, or we are no longer accepting this type of content."
"Because AI content generation models leverage the IP of many artists and their content, AI-generated content ownership cannot be assigned to an individual. Per our Contributor Terms of Service (Sections 13d and 13f), contributors must have proven IP ownership of all content that is submitted. As such, AI-generated content should not be submitted to Shutterstock."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, but then either they miscategorized the asset or the moderator pushed the wrong botton. Those are not generative AI. You just use a tool that claims to be AI, because of the nice marketing text.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That might be a template answer from them now - anything that remotely resembles AI is hit with this!

However, I also think it is a quality issue as pointed out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the input, I'll try to correct the issues and resubmit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines