Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photo Rejected Due to Quality Issues

New Here ,
Dec 12, 2022 Dec 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, Adobe Support Community,

It seems that my photo was rejected from Adobe Stock due to "Quality Issues". Might there be any feedback anyone could provide as to why this may be?

Thanks.

TOPICS
Contributor critique , Troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Dec 12, 2022 Dec 12, 2022

When zooming in to 100% view, there was only a thin strip of the concrete/pavement that appeared to be in focus.  There was noticeable noise in the out of focus areas.  The photo is quite dark, and the histogram reflects that.  There isnt any information in about the top 3rd of the histogram, which represents the whites and highlights in an image.  Correcting the exposure further introduced noise unfortunately.

I wasn't able to determine what the subject of the photo was.  I wonder how this wo

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Dec 12, 2022 Dec 12, 2022

I agree with @George_F and @Robyn2410126863ba regarding the focus issues. In addition, there is significant color noise in the unfocused sections. Both of these technical issues make it unsuitable for stock; however I would also question the commercial viability of such an image.

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am guessing it is too much soft focus. Whilst the image is nice, if a graphic designer wanted to crop image; there leaves little room to use image for multiple purposes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree with @George_F and @Robyn2410126863ba regarding the focus issues. In addition, there is significant color noise in the unfocused sections. Both of these technical issues make it unsuitable for stock; however I would also question the commercial viability of such an image.

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When zooming in to 100% view, there was only a thin strip of the concrete/pavement that appeared to be in focus.  There was noticeable noise in the out of focus areas.  The photo is quite dark, and the histogram reflects that.  There isnt any information in about the top 3rd of the histogram, which represents the whites and highlights in an image.  Correcting the exposure further introduced noise unfortunately.

I wasn't able to determine what the subject of the photo was.  I wonder how this would be used commercially?

It helps to include the metadata with photos as it allows us to give more meaningful advice on potential settings changes, etc.

I hope that helps!

George F, Fine Art Landscape Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since you're new to Adobe Stock, I suggest a careful read of the submission guidelines. 

Adobe Stock customers expect the highest visual and technical quality for use in commercial projects.  Whatever you submit must be suitable for use in printed posters, brochures, T-shirts, calendars, magazines, billboards, digital video, etc...

Find subjects that will appeal to a wide range of buyers and uses.  Select your 3 best images and compare them with other Stock inventory to ensure they are as good if not better than what Stock has on hand.  The key to successful Stock photography is giving customers what they want. They want high quality images, not snapshots.

Better luck with your next submission. 🙂

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @Jesus C0der ,

Your photo is out of focus. You need to zoom in at between 100 and 200% to inspect for errors.

jacquelingphoto2017_0-1670894160818.png

To add to the links provided you can also benefit from the information here.

Best wishes 

Jacquelin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines