• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photo rejected due to technical issues

Community Beginner ,
Sep 01, 2021 Sep 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello guys, I am new here.. Before I get in this stock contributing, I was thinking that I am kind of a good photographer knowing the simple basics of taking photos like aperture/shutterspeed/iso etc.. But as I am a bit new in this, Adobe stock rejects many photos of mine because of technical issues. I agree with some of them when I check the photo by zooming %100 but you guys any idea why these 2 photos might be rejected ? 
Appreciate your time and replies. Thanks.

TOPICS
Contributor critique , Troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 01, 2021 Sep 01, 2021

1. Nothing in focus and the bloom is cropped too closely. 

2. Oleander flowers are not in focus and a bit underexposed. They're also not pretty specimens since some are about to fall off the branches. 

Keep in mind that Adobe Stock is absolutely saturated with flower images. In order for yours to be accepted into the database, they would have to be technically perfect and unique in some way.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. Nothing in focus and the bloom is cropped too closely. 

2. Oleander flowers are not in focus and a bit underexposed. They're also not pretty specimens since some are about to fall off the branches. 

Keep in mind that Adobe Stock is absolutely saturated with flower images. In order for yours to be accepted into the database, they would have to be technically perfect and unique in some way.

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much for the information, as I took the photo and processed it in photoshop it seems ok to me but mostly it is better and easier to see the errors from someone else's eyes.
And also I'll keep that in mind to try to avoid posting flower images 🙂 Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Certainly taking flower pictures for your own enjoyment and to practice your photography skills, is something you should definitely pursue; just be hyper-vigilant when scrutinizing them for flaws before deciding to submit to Adobe Stock. 

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You do need to be able to both carefully set focus when working, and recognise what is in focus in your work. Autofocus is rarely suitable for world class photography, because it guesses wrong. This is not easy or instinctive for most people, if you are new to this, you could consider lessons to move from getting the camera exposure right to getting a picture that really jumps out of the page. I hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Honestly speaking, in my camera Auto Focus is always in the centre but as long as I remember I took these photos with Manuel Focus. The ones that I think to submit to stock sites, I try to be careful about focus, but you are right I need to be more careful, because sometimes even I don't understand when I don't find the focus area after I took it. I hope I'll be better. Thanks for your time and reply.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines