Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photo rejected for technical issues

New Here ,
May 17, 2022 May 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello 

I have tried submitting a few photos and they say that it isn't accepted for technical issues. Here is one of the images. Can someone  please help? I'm not sure what is wrong. 

Abbey24219938g7s3_0-1652800233227.jpeg

thanks

TOPICS
Contributor critique , Contributors , Troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't need to zoom in to see that the focus is very soft. A wider crop would be better - Buyers can always crop down if they want an extreme closeup.

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I think you have sent the file copy that Adobe uses in storing your image and it is too low resolution to diagnose for technical issues.  Adobe moderators blow the image you send then up to 100% (maybe even 200%) and that is what they look at in making their decision to accept or not. You need to send your original image at its highest resolution to allow people to make helpful comments.   To my eyes, the image you sent is not sharp even at low resoltion and that alone will get your image rejected.   Adobe has high standards; but once you learn to comply with those standards, you will find that most of your images will be accepted, as long as you don't allow yourself to compromise on those standards.    

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This image looks as having been accepted. It has a stock id number and the Adobe watermark.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Abbey, 

How many accounts do you have? Why are we getting questions for the identical image on two different accounts?

Regards

Jacquelin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

I have 1 account. The previous image only included a small preview image. I
couldn’t figure out how to change my inquiry and this one has the exact
image I submitted. Do you know why my image was rejected?

Thank you
--
[Personal info removed by moderator.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello 

I have 1 account for work and one personal and I accidentally logged into work. The previous image only included a small preview image. I couldn’t figure out how to change my inquiry and this one has the exact image I submitted. Do you know why my image was rejected?

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's too blurry and the framing is all wrong for Stock photo use.

Compare your work with other Stock inventory.  It might help you to see what's expected from contributors.

https://stock.adobe.com/search/images?k=garlic

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Abbey24219938g7s3 ,

Click on the link in my response above here for the response to your question about the photo on the other account. 

You would not change your enquire, you'd just click on reply and use the image attachment icon at the top of the dialogue box to upload your image and make any additional comment you wish to. Just hoover over the icons and you'll find the "Insert Photo" icon.

I hope you find this helpful since it is important that you continue on the original account you started with your question. 

I will lock the other post so that everyone answers here.

Regards

Jacquelin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 18, 2022 May 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've merged your two enquiries. There is no problem with having multiple accounts, it's only confusing having 2 posts of the same topic from different accounts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

The last post time I posted I accidentally used the thunbnail. A few images I have tried to contribute have been rejected due to technical issues. Can someone please help me understand why this image has been rejected?

Thank you

Garlic.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Abbey5CE6,

The exposure seem good, However, there are mulitple issues with this image. First it is poorly corpped. It is totally out of focus and it is very noisy - both chromatic and luminance.

To get your files accepted you need to follow Adobe's Guidelines. Also you need to follow these tips. You will also find the info here helpful.

Best wishes

Jacquelin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 18, 2022 May 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It's out of focus Abambo_1-1652871207192.png, that's an error that can't be corrected, and it has a high noise level. You need to check your picture at 100% for sharpness and 200-300% for checking artefacts. The noise level here Abambo_2-1652871307090.png, however, is high enough to be visible even at 50%…

My screenshots are taken at 100%!

And yes, cropping could be better, but I've seen worse. Pointing with the camera a bit more to the left (around the same as the upper part) and it would be near to perfect.

Exposure: The image is not technically overexposed, but enhancing the contrast on the white parts of the garlic adds dimension to the picture.

My settings for your picture in Adobe Camera Raw:

Abambo_0-1652872376089.png

You took your picture at ISO800, which is quite high for your type of camera and needs extensive noise correction. Best would be to take such pictures at ISO100 with a tripod and correct focus. Exposure brackets will let you chose the best exposure to further work on the picture.

But you haven't answered to my remark here. Your image above in your original request in this thread seems to be accepted (it also looks sharper, even that I can't see that it is a different image).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines