• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photo rejected for technical problems

New Here ,
Nov 25, 2021 Nov 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please, could someone help me identify the technical problems that caused my photos to be rejected? I'm a novice photographer and I'd like to improve myself. Thank you so much.

TOPICS
Contributor critique , Troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Nov 25, 2021 Nov 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Luana,

Bibi is not sharp and the whole picture is too warm (yellow).

The plant isn't sharp either and that image is underexposed.

It looks like motion blur in both cases, meaning that the shutter speed was too slow to freeze the moment.

Hope that helps,

Michael

Michael Niessen - Photographer, photo-editor, educator

Photo-editing (Ps/Lr/LrC) and photography workshops & one-on-one training (off- and online)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 26, 2021 Nov 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Michael,

Thank you so much for the precious information. I'll try to improve the edits the next few times. And as for the shutter, I don't think I can control the speed of it, my camera is not a dslr. The way is to try not to move hands on the hota to capture the moment. Again, thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Nov 27, 2021 Nov 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You're welcome, Luana!

Just check your camera's doc, just to make sure. Some non-DSLR allow you to change the shutter speed or other settings that directly affect it, such as ISO.

A little trick that can be used to reduce shake is to add a 2 or 5 second delay. Pressing the shutter button in itself introduces some amount of shake. With a delay, you press the shutter button, then have those few seconds to just stop moving until the picture has been taken. In the same line of ideas, shooting a burst of a pictures might help, as there should be more shake in the first and last one (when you press/release the button) than in the pictures in-between. Those simple techniques will obviously not give you a lot of leeway regarding shutter speed, but sometimes every little thing helps.

And, of course, make sure Bibi doesn't move either 😉

Michael

Michael Niessen - Photographer, photo-editor, educator

Photo-editing (Ps/Lr/LrC) and photography workshops & one-on-one training (off- and online)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 26, 2021 Nov 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

About framing your shots:  Don't hold your camera too close to your subject.  Bibi's ears are clipped.  Same goes for the plant leaves.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines