• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photo Rejected for Technical Reasons Help

Community Beginner ,
Sep 09, 2021 Sep 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! I am a brand new contributor to Adobe Stock, this photo was rejected for technical reasons. If anyone can provide advice as to why that would be great! Thanks!

Tomato_Seed-16.jpg

TOPICS
Contributor critique , Contributors , Troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 3 Correct answers

Community Expert , Sep 09, 2021 Sep 09, 2021

What stood out the most to me was the white balance appearing off (artificial lighting maybe?), and significant parts of the image being not sharp sure to a shallow depth of field.  

I hope this helps!

-George Folster

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Sep 09, 2021 Sep 09, 2021

@Adelysa Photos You must look at your images between 100 and 200 percent. As you can see from my screenshot at 100 percent, areas are out of focus and the knife handle is not "clean" by retouching spots and dirt. I also suggest doing some better arranging of your tabletop items. This looks too cluttered and so we don't know what to concentrate on. Also, think about the way cooks prepare items for cooking or preserving. It appears here you are documenting the process for extracting tomato seeds?

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND , Sep 09, 2021 Sep 09, 2021

Why did you choose the small green tomato to focus on? I think your depth of field is too shallow.

Cropping is also awkward, with foreground elements like the jar or sieve cut off with no obvious plan.

The knife should be in or out, and probably the parsley too.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What stood out the most to me was the white balance appearing off (artificial lighting maybe?), and significant parts of the image being not sharp sure to a shallow depth of field.  

I hope this helps!

-George Folster

George F, Fine Art Landscape Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you George.Folster, that is very helpful to me!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree with @George_F .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much for your input Ralph Lear!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Adelysa Photos You must look at your images between 100 and 200 percent. As you can see from my screenshot at 100 percent, areas are out of focus and the knife handle is not "clean" by retouching spots and dirt. I also suggest doing some better arranging of your tabletop items. This looks too cluttered and so we don't know what to concentrate on. Also, think about the way cooks prepare items for cooking or preserving. It appears here you are documenting the process for extracting tomato seeds? The cloth with the seeds is dark so they will show up but the cloth is rather shabby.

JainLemos_0-1631211623561.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much Jain Lemos! I agree with you on all your points, I will keep this in mind for the future!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why did you choose the small green tomato to focus on? I think your depth of field is too shallow.

Cropping is also awkward, with foreground elements like the jar or sieve cut off with no obvious plan.

The knife should be in or out, and probably the parsley too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your input, I had not considered these things, that is helpful! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 10, 2021 Sep 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you are new to stock, you should consider these resources: https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/tutorials.html
Please read the contributor user manual for more information on Adobe stock contributions: https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/user-guide.html
See here for rejection reasons: https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/help/reasons-for-content-rejection.html
and especially quality and technical issues: https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/help/quality-and-technical-issues.html

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines