• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photo rejected: Technical issues

Community Beginner ,
Dec 10, 2020 Dec 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please help me understand why this particular photo was rejected. I am simply lost in this very case...

It is a very simple photo, definitely not overprocessed as it was almost not processed, except for desaturation. I had other photos accepted that I was really worried about being rejected, but I definitely would not think of this one...

Thanks in advance for your advise

Marek

TOPICS
Contributor critique , Contributors

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 3 Correct answers

Community Expert , Dec 10, 2020 Dec 10, 2020

Hi @WojtaszekMarek,

Details are lost in the dark and highlighted areas. That will not be accepted. It is also better if you upload color photos. That will give your files more chance for sales. Whoever wishes to have black and white will do the change in their photo editor. Photoshop does a good job at that.

Best wishes

JG

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Dec 12, 2020 Dec 12, 2020

I't's black and white and there is a lot of noise. Both are individual reasons for rejection.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND , Dec 13, 2020 Dec 13, 2020

Arguing with us really doesn't help. We don't decide or enforce Adobe's policies, we're just trying to help you work within their preferences, to waste less of your time. Deliberate faults - like noise - in the name of age, art, or interest are a risk. Adobe's customers are not experts but they believe they know faults when they zoom in. They often demand refunds, and Adobe's reputation suffers. Adobe therefore tend to demand technical perfection, not artistically altered. The customer can add n

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @WojtaszekMarek,

Details are lost in the dark and highlighted areas. That will not be accepted. It is also better if you upload color photos. That will give your files more chance for sales. Whoever wishes to have black and white will do the change in their photo editor. Photoshop does a good job at that.

Best wishes

JG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Too narrow depth of focus, only a very tiny part is in focus. There is also noise. Also rather shoot in color and let the client choose to convert to black and white if desired.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 12, 2020 Dec 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The narrow depth of focus is NO rejection reason. The others are!

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 12, 2020 Dec 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I't's black and white and there is a lot of noise. Both are individual reasons for rejection.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 13, 2020 Dec 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you all for your comments and advice!

If being black and white was the rejection reason for a picture of a subject that is black and white by its nature -- I would be more than surprised, to be quite honest with you...

The noise in case of this very picture gives a lot of kind of vintage/old-school flavor to it, in my opinion. I did not denoise on purpose. When I did (for a test) it made it looked very unnatural, like as if it was made of plastic... 

The 'lack of details in the shadows' argument makes the most sense to me here. I uploaded the same image after giving it more tonal space which revealed much more details in the shadows. Also, I did not desature it this time, which did not change much except for leaving some delicate color cast on the white keys. Let us see if it helps.

Marek

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/help/editing-dos-and-dont.html

If being black and white was the rejection reason for a picture of a subject that is black and white by its nature -- I would be more than surprised, to be quite honest with you...

Some times bw pictures pass as that, but it is recommended not to convert pictures to bw as moderators may refuse on that ground. Even a slight colour cast of ivory on the white keys may add to the value of the picture.

The noise in case of this very picture gives a lot of kind of vintage/old-school flavor to it, in my opinion.

Some noise is acceptable, to much gets a refusal. We do not know exactly what triggered the refusal, some of my pictures got several iterations before they got accepted. Also, it's not a science saying that this amount of something will pass and this not. As moderation is done by humans it depends a lot on them and even their mood of the moment what passes and what doesn't. You can see that as an advantage or a disadvantage. I can live with that for my part.

Good luck on the resubmitted picture.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 15, 2020 Dec 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

Here is the latest update. I re-posted the image after extending the tonality of the image (there are more details in the darks now) and left some color in it (although there is practically no difference, as like I said before -- this image is B&W by its nature). I did not touch the noise. And guess what? The image was accepted this time! 🙂

If customers will be interested in purchasing it -- it is a whole different story 😉

Marek

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Arguing with us really doesn't help. We don't decide or enforce Adobe's policies, we're just trying to help you work within their preferences, to waste less of your time. Deliberate faults - like noise - in the name of age, art, or interest are a risk. Adobe's customers are not experts but they believe they know faults when they zoom in. They often demand refunds, and Adobe's reputation suffers. Adobe therefore tend to demand technical perfection, not artistically altered. The customer can add noise or convert to black and white if that's what they want.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did not mean to argue with you. I am terribly sorry for making that impression. I cannot express enough how much I appreciate your advices. I fully understand what stands behind the decision of AS (i.e. customers demands).

Obviously I will keep this in mind before uploading my pictures going forward.

Thanks again for all you help!

M.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines