Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photo Rejected: technical problems

Community Beginner ,
Aug 23, 2021 Aug 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

I'm a beginner in Adobe stock...and this photo have been rejected twice, after reedition.

Could you please help me to understand why? 

Thanks in advance!!

TOPICS
Troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe gave a reason. Please tell us the reason so that we do not waste your time in guesses (though I see rejection reasons for two different causes, technical issues and IP).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 24, 2021 Aug 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your feedback @Test Screen Name. The reason according to Adobe is "technical issues" as I detail in the subject. I now see at least the IP violation related to the boat ID.

Thanks for your support and comprehension to this humble beginner! 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello. First you need to renove the identity on the boat. This is not allowed. Then you need to level the horizon.

You need to straighten the doorway. You need to work on the highlights and shadows. I notice some posterization in the sky so I would recommend replacing it. Also sharpen the photo. Reduce the dead space.

I would try something like this:

raspberry-2-Edit.jpg 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks @RALPH_L for your complete feeedback and taking the time of showing me an example of the improved image!

I did nor realize te IP violation concerning the boat identity.

I've already tried to level the horizon but difficult as no regular, I'll try hatder then.

Thanks for advicing about shadows and highlights...much better in yur example, specialy according the old wall texture.

Concerning the sky and posterization...this is at the fronteer of my beginner knowledge, but I'll do my best to improve and learn!

Thanks again for your support.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The picture looks out of focus and has washed out colours, probably due to aggressive noise reduction. If you have a raw file of this, you may be able to save it, depending on the original footage, but if this picture is your original, I doubt that it will make into the stock database.

As @RALPH_L pointed out, you will need to photoshop the identifiers on the boat. That would be an IP violation refusal.

Contrary to Ralph's view, I would not cut off much of the picture, the wall to the left is not disturbing and after geometric corrections, those leftovers to the right disappear with cropping anyhow.

Abambo_0-1629815031145.png

Look at your pictures at 100% and 200% to see picture defects. In your case, you will see at 100% those washed out colours and the missing sharpness.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 27, 2021 Aug 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks @Abambo for sharing your knowledge and advise!

Unfortunately I do not have a RAW file for this, so difficult to correct as you say. Concerning the colours, it was not a sunny day so the base does not help...and yes, I applied an agressive noise reduction. 

From now on I'll review the images at 100-200% before submitting as you say.

Thanks a lot for your support and opinion!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 27, 2021 Aug 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

...and yes, I applied an agressive noise reduction. 

By @Marc Soriano

That causes the washed out colours. Noise reduction is great, but you really need to watch your contrasts and details. When I use noise reduction, I always look carefully at high contrast areas to keep the picture sharp.

A picture that is out of focus can't be saved with sharpening.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines