• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photo rejected.

New Here ,
Jul 06, 2022 Jul 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone, My image was rejected due to technical issues and I just wanted to get some more insight on the types of things I need to be aware of. I have not done any post-production work for this photo and any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Tanner 

IMG_7796.jpeg

TOPICS
Contributor critique

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 06, 2022 Jul 06, 2022

Every photo needs at least a little bit of post-production work before uploading. This one has some underexposed areas, particularly the shadows around the horse. You also need to do some lens profile correction to compensate for the parallax error which causes the horizontal trim on the building to appear to be bowed. These are both very minor corrections in Lightroom Classic. This doesn't appear to be a full resolution image, because when I zoom in it appears to be pixelated and jagged, so I c

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Every photo needs at least a little bit of post-production work before uploading. This one has some underexposed areas, particularly the shadows around the horse. You also need to do some lens profile correction to compensate for the parallax error which causes the horizontal trim on the building to appear to be bowed. These are both very minor corrections in Lightroom Classic. This doesn't appear to be a full resolution image, because when I zoom in it appears to be pixelated and jagged, so I can't confirm whether it is actually in sharp focus.

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apart from perspective and lens correction issues mentioned by @Jill_C , you should add a levels adjustment layer and correct the white balance.

https://www.adobe.com/creativecloud/photography/discover/white-balance.html

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Tanner25151337968p ,

The photo is not in sharp focus. It's noisy and has color fringing on the edges. There is also chromatic noise, and is a bit underexposed. Please zoom your photos to between 100 and 200% to inspect for faults. You also need to look for the issues stated at this link and correct them with a photo editor such as Photoshop, Lightroom or any other of your choice. Here are some do's and don'ts you need to know. There are also some extra tips you'll find useful.

Best wishes

Jacquelin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I think it's also worth noting that aside from the technical issues the others have pointed out, there are most likely some IP issues to overcome with the building, horsebuggy, etc.

I wish you success!

George F, Fine Art Landscape Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines