I'm new in the world of photography, why my photo was rejected?
1. The original file was 1024x768 dimensions so i used Photoshop CC to increase it from 72 resolution to 300, now the final file is 4267x3200 dimensions because i need more that 4MP, then export it in JPG format.
2. I passed the file using whatsapp to my pc.
3. I attach the final and original photo.
No way could a screen resolution image be used in a multimillion dollar advert. Do not increase pixel size. If the size is too small, the image can never be of commercial quality. This is like trying to turn chicken soup back into chicken.
This is like trying to turn chicken soup back into chicken.
Or the egg 🙂
Read the Contributor Support User Guide carefully, starting with this:
Adobe Stock accepts photos shot with any camera—including a mobile device—if they meet our technical and legal requirements as well as our quality standards.
- Submit images in JPEG format.
- Use color space sRGB
- Minimum image resolution: 4 MP (megapixels)
- Maximum image resolution: 100 MP (megapixels)
- Maximum file size: 45 MB (megabytes)
- No watermarks or timestamps
- DO NOT UPSAMPLE YOUR FILES; submit the maximum file size that your camera can produce.
Better luck with your next submission. Next time, be sure to set your camera for High Res images.
Also don't use Whatsapp to send high quality images, it damage quality. (This is not your problem here, but if you are serious about stock you need to use better tools).
How should i transfer images from one computer to another?
Use anything that does not modify the original picture: a USB thumb drive for example, Dropbox, OneDrive, Creative Cloud... you have the choice.
Increasing the picture's resolution by upsampling does not increase the information content of the picture. There is no way that a lower resolution picture gets better by upsampling, even if software vendors are selling this as a solution.
To make sure it is completely clear: you need to use a different tool (such as DropBox). But nothing can help you make salable photos from 1024x768 originals.