• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photo rejections

New Here ,
Oct 01, 2020 Oct 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The attached photos were rejected for Artifacts Problems. There was no post-processing on these photos. I am baffled time and time again by Adobe's review process. Can someone enlighten me as to the problem with theses 2 pics. And I would love to know why the reviewers are completely inaccessible, therefore unaccountable.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 01, 2020 Oct 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They are unaccountable to you because it would take extra time. Better, I imagine Adobe say, to reject a few pictures that would have passed, than make all reviewers provide detailed reports. There is no right of appeal. This is how Adobe get through (it is said) 100,000 pictures a day.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 02, 2020 Oct 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

The photos aren't sharp and they have noise - they appear a bit 'grainy' when enlarged to 100%. The reviewers would be referring to this:

Copenhagen, Denmark - Rosenborg Castle through Autumn Trees_artifacts.jpg

Denmark - Dyrehaven Tree_artifacts.jpg 

Have a read of this. It's a brief guide on image quality:
https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/help/quality-and-technical-issues.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 02, 2020 Oct 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, but unless you have the best equipment, almost every photo is going to have some kind of distortion when enlarged so much. These 2 pics were taken on a very crisp autumn day in Denmark, which contributed to the grainy affect, plus the color contrasts. I've had over 2000 photos accepted, and quite frankly many were not as good as these. Doesn't the compostition and uniqueness count for anything? One-third of the photos I've sold were originally rejected. Since I couldn't figure out why, I just resubmitted them and they were accepted the second time. What does that tell us?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 03, 2020 Oct 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Stock customers are very discerning.  They expect perfect image quality.  If your images contain noise, grain, artifacts, blurriness at 100%  - 200%, it's fair to say they are NOT good enough for a million dollar print ad campaign.

Fixed aperture and mobile phone cameras are lightweight and prone to camera shake especially when there isn't much light.  Use a tripod or hold your breath & brace yourself against something solid while shooting.

For best results, use a camera with the best lens and highest MegaPixel sensor you can afford. Also keep the lens and sensor clean as dust can ruin photos.  If possible shoot in "professional" or manual mode where you control the ISO, Aperture and Shutter speed.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines