Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photo rejetée mais rien ne semble contrevenir aux règles

New Here ,
Oct 07, 2018 Oct 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

bonjour

ma première photo a été rejetée avec le motif: violation du Code de la propriété intellectuelle.

Je ne comprends absolument pas pourquoi: c'est un chateau de sable que j'ai réalisé cet été sur une plage, pas de signe distinctif, pas de personnes ou de marques sur l'image !

Merci de vos réponses.

chateau de sable.jpg

TOPICS
Contributors

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 10, 2018 Oct 10, 2018

It's a fair point you make. If this were a sand castle created in a competition or an elaborate piece of art that was clearly recognizable then yes, for sure a release would be required. This particular sand castle is more like an arts and crafts piece. Graffiti is different because it is generally on a building or object that provides additional context for where it is and who created it. This could be anywhere, made by anyone. It's a subjective process and it's likely we are both right.

-Mat

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think in this case, you will need to fill out a property release form saying that it is your work. Otherwise, it could be seen as you photographed someone else's work which would also need a property release form.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Le château de sable est une création protégée, même si la protection n‘a qu‘une valeur limité. Si tu es l‘artiste, tu peux faire le nécessaire pour légaliser la photographie et de soumettre à nouveau à l‘examen.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 09, 2018 Oct 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While yes, technically this could be perceived as a work of art I think it was a mistake by the moderator to select the lack of a property release as the rejection reason. In my opinion, an image of this sand castle could be submitted with no property release.

However, if I were the moderator I would still reject the image for technical reasons. The object in the lower left corner of the image is a distraction. The overall composition is lacking in my opinion. I recommend you get more creative with the angle. If I were shooting a photo of this sand castle I would likely lay on my stomach to get eye level and I would shoot so that the ocean could be seen out of focus in the background.

I do wish you the best of luck with your future uploads!

-Mat

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 10, 2018 Oct 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MatHayward  wrote

In my opinion, an image of this sand castle could be submitted with no property release.

If Adobe refuses graffiti as artwork, Adobe should also refuse this one, as it is really the main subject of the picture. I agree with the lower left corner object. However, the preview is to small to be able to detail more.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 10, 2018 Oct 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It's a fair point you make. If this were a sand castle created in a competition or an elaborate piece of art that was clearly recognizable then yes, for sure a release would be required. This particular sand castle is more like an arts and crafts piece. Graffiti is different because it is generally on a building or object that provides additional context for where it is and who created it. This could be anywhere, made by anyone. It's a subjective process and it's likely we are both right.

-Mat

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines