Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photo's rejected

Community Beginner ,
May 05, 2023 May 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi fellow Adobe contributors,

I am a newbie and got a few batches accepted and rejected, but this rejected batch, I would really like to know my mistakes to improve them. I am still learning how to use the settings on my Canon camera to make my Lightroom life easier. 

Can you guys help me to figure out the exact mistakes on the following images? Much appreciated, 

Merci,
Wander in Paradise 

TOPICS
Contributor critique

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Blue Lagoon French Polynesia Bora Bora.jpg - nothing is in focus and there's a magenta hue in the sky 

IMG_20230314_113501.jpg - artifacts in the sky, and all the details seem to be crushed, as if this was taken with a cell phone camera.

Remote island with white clouds above-2.jpg- magenta cast in the sky and crushed details 

Matira Beach Bora Bora with blue skies.jpg -  not in sharp focus, and the beach appears to be overexposed 

IMG_0107-2.jpg - not in sharp focus and white balance is too blue 

IMG_0713.jpg - the trees are quite blurry and blocky perhaps because they were moving in the wind and the shutter speed was too slow

These are are all quite pretty vacation photos, but it appears they were captured with a small sensor camera and do not bear up to close inspection, thus do not have the quality required for stock photos.

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much! I'm using a Canon EOS 2000D and a RedMi Note Pro 11 with a 108mp camera. I'm still figuring out the best settings and going paddling in the lagoon, the Canon is not always a good idea. So sometimes I use the 108MP camera of my phone. Most of my accepted pictures are taken with that one, so it can go well, but I'm now trying to figure out Lightroom. It's a learning process, hence I'm really happy with your detailed comments. At least I know where to concentrate on. Like using high shutterspeed when on a boat or when it's windy.    

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad to be helpful. You live in paradise??? I'm so envious of the wonderful photo ops!

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yep, I do for almost a year now. Haha, I do feel lucky indeed and that's also why I'm so motivated to improve my photography. I always loved making pictures as a hobby, but now it's even more fun! I just hope I manage to improve soon and share more of the beauty of Bora Bora. Hence all the help is appreciated 🙂 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Wander in Paradise ,

They are all over saturated. ...0713 is grainy. 

Take a look at the water. You will notice that the water color is not looking natural. Your photo must be looking as close to reality as possible.

Best wishes

Jacquelin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much. That really helps a lot too! However, the lagoon in Bora Bora is actually really blue, so editing it a bit can already cause that, but I will keep an eye on it! Thanks again for the help 🙂  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines