Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photo was rejected

Mar 16, 2023 Mar 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My photo was rejected and I don't understand why. It has a pixel size of 6000x4000 px and is sharp at 100% zoom. Uploaded as JPG. Am I doing something wrong? Or what is the reason?

TOPICS
Contributor critique , Contributors , Fotolia , Troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 5 Correct answers

Community Expert , Mar 16, 2023 Mar 16, 2023

This photo is not sharp at 100% in Lightroom, I'm guessing because of using a shallow depth of field.  I think what also added to the rejection was the red box on the left.  I think the asset more useful without it, as this could easily be added on Photoshop.

I like the photo though, and I think it would be popular if taken with a larger depth of field or otherwise sharper.

Screenshot_20230316-113804.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Why was the picture refused? You need to tell us the refusal reason that Adobe gave you (the header is enough).

The red stripe is not allowed. The asset is not sharp at 100%.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Kia ora,

My photo was rejected and I don't understand why. It has a pixel size of 6000x4000 px and is sharp at 100% zoom. Or what is the reason?

By @Deleted User

With a third pair of eyes - it's not sharp!

Votes

Translate

Translate

I just read Canva's Terms of Service, and from my interpretation this is defined as a prohibited use by them.  Also from my understanding, using assets not photographed by you is prohibited by Adobe.

Violating the Terms of Use could potentially lead to termination of accounts with both Canva and Adobe.

https://www.canva.com/policies/free-media-license-agreement-2022-01-03/

https://www.adobe.com/content/dam/acom/en/legal/servicetou/Adobe_Stock_Contributor_Agreement-en_US-20160721_1200.pdf

Votes

Translate

Translate

DO NOT PASS GO, DO NOT COLLECT $200! [Source: Monopoly board game, community chest "Go to Jail" card.] 

Unless you took this photo yourself, you have no legal rights to it.  You cannot submit it to Stock.  It cannot be sold commercially.  You're putting yourself into legal hell if you submit it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This photo is not sharp at 100% in Lightroom, I'm guessing because of using a shallow depth of field.  I think what also added to the rejection was the red box on the left.  I think the asset more useful without it, as this could easily be added on Photoshop.

I like the photo though, and I think it would be popular if taken with a larger depth of field or otherwise sharper.

Screenshot_20230316-113804.png

George F, Fine Art Landscape Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I create my pictures with the Canva program and this strawberry photo is from the Canva library. Unfortunately, I am not allowed to sell it as a standalone photo, so I have to add other elements. Maybe I just picked the wrong photo. My next designs I create with a size of 3000x2000 px and download it as a JPG file. Unfortunately, I don't know how to adjust the depth of field better with Canva. Do you have any tips for me on which pixel size is the right one? Or what else I can do better?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just read Canva's Terms of Service, and from my interpretation this is defined as a prohibited use by them.  Also from my understanding, using assets not photographed by you is prohibited by Adobe.

Violating the Terms of Use could potentially lead to termination of accounts with both Canva and Adobe.

https://www.canva.com/policies/free-media-license-agreement-2022-01-03/

https://www.adobe.com/content/dam/acom/en/legal/servicetou/Adobe_Stock_Contributor_Agreement-en_US-2...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But to answer the question, the depth of field is something usually handled in camera.  This photo would likely have to be retaken with different settings to achieve a wider depth of field.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

DO NOT PASS GO, DO NOT COLLECT $200! [Source: Monopoly board game, community chest "Go to Jail" card.] 

Unless you took this photo yourself, you have no legal rights to it.  You cannot submit it to Stock.  It cannot be sold commercially.  You're putting yourself into legal hell if you submit it. 

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I create my pictures with the Canva program and this strawberry photo is from the Canva library. Unfortunately, I am not allowed to sell it as a standalone photo, so I have to add other elements. 

By @Deleted User

Why unfortuneatly? This is too easy. Taking a picture of someone else, adding a red bar and selling that as own work. 

If you want to survive here on stock, you need to delete any approved picture, where you did not take the shot. Even if you did minor modifications. The terms here are quite clear.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Unfortunately, I don't know how to adjust the depth of field better with Canva. Do you have any tips for me on which pixel size is the right one? Or what else I can do better?

By @Deleted User

The DOF is an optical property of a lens and is unrelated to the pixel size. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Depth_of_field

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why was the picture refused? You need to tell us the refusal reason that Adobe gave you (the header is enough).

The red stripe is not allowed. The asset is not sharp at 100%.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kia ora,

My photo was rejected and I don't understand why. It has a pixel size of 6000x4000 px and is sharp at 100% zoom. Or what is the reason?

By @Deleted User

With a third pair of eyes - it's not sharp!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines