• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photographer release?

Community Beginner ,
May 12, 2021 May 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When photographer submits an image it is required to get a formal permission form all models on the picture. Which is OK.

When a model fills a profile with photos made by different photographers, nothing required to confirm that photographer is OK with that. And then we have portfolios like that, filled with photos which infringe copyright: https://stock.adobe.com/ch_fr/search?creator_id=206685424

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 13, 2021 May 13, 2021

Hi @Alex Petrenko,

If I understand you post correctly, you have pictures that are taken by yourself and the model (or someone else) uploads the pictures here without your permission? That's not OK, even if it is the model uploading. Indeed, a model release has 2 signers: the model and the photographer. You can't use a model release with only one party signing. But for uploading pictures here, you need to certify that you are the creator and (c) holder of the picture. That's never the model, ex

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
May 13, 2021 May 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Alex Petrenko,

If I understand you post correctly, you have pictures that are taken by yourself and the model (or someone else) uploads the pictures here without your permission? That's not OK, even if it is the model uploading. Indeed, a model release has 2 signers: the model and the photographer. You can't use a model release with only one party signing. But for uploading pictures here, you need to certify that you are the creator and (c) holder of the picture. That's never the model, except in some very rare cases.

I suggest you fill in a formal complaint: Use of your content (C) Claim 

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 14, 2021 May 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, model uploaded the pictures without my permission.

Thanks for pointing out, I didn't think about second signature. It means my signature is faked on model release. One more reason for takedown.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 14, 2021 May 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Well, if the photographer's signature is false, that's criminal. The model could use the same releasethan you, but in that case she needs to claim being you. proceed as indicated. Only the photographer has the right to upload the pictures. That's a part of the contributor agreement.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines