• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photorealistic 3d-renders

Participant ,
May 28, 2020 May 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I sometimes do 3d-renders which are sometimes very much photorealistic and might not be distinguished from a photo without a very much trained eye or very specific knowledge of the subject. That's why I've been wondering how should I categorize the images I do by that way?

It feels little strange to put them into the photography, but yet still it feels little strange to put them into the illustrations since the rendering basically is photography of 3d-objects and they can look exactly like photos. It just is simulation of the camera.

TOPICS
Contributors , Fotolia , Troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 28, 2020 May 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe doesn't have much time for 3D and isn't up on trends ... That said, a 3D rendor is a "digital image" or "digitally created image" depending on who you ask

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 29, 2020 May 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think we need some clear guidelines of this issue. Of course it is a "digitally created image", but basically almost all images nowadays are made digitally with digital cameras. Most of the time you also do very much photoshopping into your digital photos before you release it, so the colors for example could be completely different in the final product, items added or removed and basically every pixel altered somehow. After which steps it's not anymore a photo?

I think the line goes roughly where it anymore doesn't look like a photo. But that's the problem with 3d-images also, because they can look as photos.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 29, 2020 May 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

a photo is the raw image i.e, as the camera sees it... once you edit that in Photoshop, Lightroom etc yes it too becomes a "digital image" and yes someone with 3D skill + time can make better 'real' images or at least as good as you get from cameras

few people have the skill, take the time so its still assumed 3D is less than real

mark your images as you want... if they sell then you are correct

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines