Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photos Not Accepted for Technical Issues

Community Beginner ,
Mar 02, 2021 Mar 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

Like many of the other posters, I wish a little more info was provided as to why my photos were rejected. I've included my three photos below if anyone has some insight. Thanks for the help!

TOPICS
Troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Matchbox cars and other toy designs are protected by intellectual property.  Aside from that, the last image is out of focus and edges are not sharp.  Examine it at 100-200% magnification and you'll see what I mean.  This is not suitable quality for use in a million dollar commercial.

image.png

Adobe Stock customers expect highest visual and technical quality. See links below.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nancy,
Thank you for taking the time to help me out. My focus point was on the silver car (next to the green-ish one) but with the super narrow depth of field, not much of it is in focus. I wasn't sure if that was the reason or not.

If anyone else has input on the other two pictures, I'm all ears. My guess for the mountain picture is that it's too dark on the side away from the sun. But my focus was on the clouds and the light beginning to hit the ground below, not the mountain itself. Other than that, I have no idea what the issue could be.

And for the other picture with the construction cranes, I'm not sure what the problem is...

Thanks in advance if anyone else is able to take a look.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 03, 2021 Mar 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't see a problem with the toy car image other than the intellectual property issue. It's clear to me that the silver car is the focal point of the image, so why would it be rejected because the car behind it is not in focus? How many cars would need to be in focus for it to be accepted? Is there an acceptable depth of field? In my opinion, it's a good image. It seems to me that the reasons for rejection on technical issues are often down to the personal tastes of the person reviewing them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you looked at what other Stock Contributor's are doing in the same keyword categories?  It might help you better understand what Adobe Stock reviewers are looking for. 

Also, it might help to put yourself into the customer's shoes.  Ask yourself these two important questions BEFORE you submit images to Stock.

• Would I buy this image?
  • What would I use it for?

If the answer to either question is "I don't know," chances are it's not right for Adobe Stock.

Better luck with your next submissions 🙂

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Regarding your other images - well you have the sun which is burnt out and looks like a white blob:

InkedDJI_0604_LI.jpg

and the overall exposure isn't good.

The picture of the crane; if you zoom in to 100% you begin to see noise and this isn't good for stock. The composition and exposure could be improved as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yeah, the sun definitely is nuclear here. I'll take a closer look at the crane photo, as well. Thank you for the input! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines