• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photos rejected due to technical issues

New Here ,
Jul 22, 2020 Jul 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I uploaded about 10 photos taken from my Samsung Galaxy A7 mobile as well as from my Casio digital camera on Adobe Sell stock website, but my most of photos were rejected due to technical issues as mentioned by moderator on website. I am uploading the same photos here. Please let me know what are the technical issues because of which I got this rejection. I shall be thankful for your critical comments for the improvement in my photos.

A photographer who is an ardent lover of nature
TOPICS
Contributor critique

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 22, 2020 Jul 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First picture: Artefacts due to the phone sensor, unsharp:

Abambo_0-1595445701410.png

Second: Noise, mirror artefacts, artefacts, dust mark.

Third: lower part underexposed and missing contrast, noise

Fourth: guess (artefacts, noise, bad contrast)

Fifth: The first image where I need to look a little deeper: The framing, there is a strange halo around some leaves, missing contrast (may be)

Last: The flower is out of focus.

Before submitting, look at your pictures at 100 or even 200%. At 100% the image needs to be flawless: Noise, sharpness, artefacts.

In general images should have a correct contrast and a correct white balance.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 23, 2020 Jul 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Abambo for your valuable critique. As an amatuer I never have such a deep study of my photographs. I definitely take care about minute details while taking photos.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you buy a car, you would like it to be flawless: no scratches, no flat tyres, no strange noise...

It's the same for stock image buyers. They want to use the image as they intend to. If the picture starts with flaws they would not be able to use it and would bash Adobe for not doing their work.

Some flaws are due to the technology you use. Some others are simply photography errors and even others are processing errors. First use a high quality camera and know the limits. Then fram the images correctly. Then process them to get the best out of them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

In all your photos the composition isn't very good. What are you trying to show? How could these pictures be used commercially?

Smartphone photos also tend not to do so well on stock due to the size of the small sensor. When the pics are enlarged, you get to see the pixels more. There are a number of reasons why.

Have a read of this from Adobe about how to create better photos.
https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/how-to/tips-stock-image-acceptance.html?set=stock--fundamentals--adobe...

Also, have a read of this. It's a brief guide on image quality.
https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/help/quality-and-technical-issues.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much Ricky for you valuable critique and guidence. I plan to purchase a good DSLR  camera for the bigginer like me. Can you suggest which DSLR camera will be better for me both technically as well as prisewise?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, I like the Canon series, so I would suggest having a look at their mirrorless range - M50, or the DLSR for beginners. Look at their website. This for the UK, but you can change it to your region.

https://www.canon.co.uk/cameras/dslr-cameras-for-beginners/#

You'll need to do a fair bit of reading to detemine which camera and price range is good for you. There are a lot of options!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Ricky for your veluable guidence. Today I see Nikon D3500 available with two lenses, plus 16 GB Memory card at Rs. 41661 equivelant to nearly 440 GBP. I herewith putting a link for your perusal. Please go through the detail and suggest whether it would be good deal for me or not.

https://www.tatacliq.com/nikon-d3500-af-p-dx-18-55mm-70-300mm-ed-vr-lens-dslr-camera-with-16gb-card-... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 24, 2020 Jul 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

When you buy such a camera, be it whatever make, you are buying into a system. You buy the lenses which fit that model of camera. So you need to think about the long term. Like Abambo, I use Canon because I've bought into their system and cannot change model of camera, because I would have to reinvest in different lenses. I'm not going to do that, so I'll stick with Canon.

I can't really advise you on this camera and if it is a good deal. Depends on whether this is considered expensive in India. Nikon is a good brand as well and is a good competitor to Canon. Research yourself, read about different types of camera and think about it. Don't rush into it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nikon, Sony, ... , Canon any DECENT camera will do. The difference between good and bad photos is behind the camera. No camera does the settings and the framing right for you. However, with digital cameras, sensor size matters: the biggest sensor sizes produce the best pictures but are also the most expensive. You get good pictures with a lesser camera. Especially as a beginner, a good second hand camera may be a good choice.

(Just to say, I'm also a Canon guy, but only because at the time I bought my first digital camera, Canon got best critics for the 20D. I would may be decide differently today, but today I have invested a lot into glasses. So any system change of mine would cost a fortune in glasses.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 26, 2020 Jul 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello ZenVikram,

Please find attached some non-technical notes I have made.

Apologies in advance for handwriting on your work, I found it quicker and was with the sole purpose of providing some help beyond the "plain" rejection legend we all might have get once or more in our work. Photos are assumed to be yours and NO plagiarism intentions of any kind at all are pretended from my part. I hope this contribution helps to cover one part of that "big void" of multiple possible rejection reasons.

I am not an Adobe employee nor anybody to convince you about anything, I am just a volunteering dude trying to help people blowing off some steam when their work is rejected.

In other words, trying to provide an "out of the box" perspective. My contribution is with good intentions only and hopefully will produce at least one smile.

For more formal and professional comments listen to the guys that clearly know what they are talking about.

Keep shooting, learning, observing, and specially, having fun!

Cheers,

Vences

PS, Doing some research on camera sensors, Samsung Galaxy A7, has a Sony IMX576 CMOS sensor (6.475mm diagonal). About the Casio mentioned, which I assumed that it might belong to the "Exilim" series, has also a small sensor. That, along other things might have caused the low quality appearance of the photos. Oh! and another thing I've seen here in stock, is that no matter how super-cool-super-sharp the photo is taken and looks on the (a) phone, it is really really different on the computer and I'm pretty sure reviewers don't analyze submitted photos with their smartphones (I hope, actually).

Additionally, if you are some how planning to plunge into the beautiful world of photography, well, there is plenty of options and ways to everybody. The answers you might get, highly depends on who you are asking. That means that recommending you to go and buy a specific brand/model/etc, it is a HUGE deal, and people on the other end, doesn't know how deep the pockets of anybody are... so, that's why I prefer to share, how I started. Used, I started with a used gorgeous second hand Nikon SLR camera (old 35mm film), so cheap and battered that it broke down after just two days of use (lol), and had to have it repaired. Then, with the pass of the years and some learning, I found Canon gear some-how better to the feel in general, as well as "easier" to use (but that could be relative/subjective). Lastly, also consider who's costumer service is better in your country, you never know what accidents could happen while shooting photos out there in nature!

4AC3F117-0D1C-4FCE-A4A7-8566A9C0AB42.jpeg811DB397-A052-43B4-9B26-1E2CB60E438E.jpeg404323EA-9A3F-49AB-A871-C8A5FC723FF6.jpeg5DCB4DC9-1D6D-4E7B-9D10-D19873DB523F.jpegA97398AB-4547-4947-B102-F7787125958D.jpeg2D88E037-B48E-4BA7-A5A4-40480C7692D8.jpeg79988BC5-38B5-47AA-8E0E-85AA5EDC3EF8.jpeg

V

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines