• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photos Rejected for Technical Issues - Is there a way to save these?

Community Beginner ,
Aug 26, 2021 Aug 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

Recently, I had these photos rejected for technical issues. If I had to guess why, it would be perhaps a soft focus and noise. Alas, these are post an attempt of mine to sharpen and reduce noise already, but I figured I might post to see if anyone else had some wisdom or ideas to share; and if it is possible to "save" photos like these and get them "stock-ready" or if there is not much hope.

Alas, I'm shooting on an older camera, a Nikon D-80. I've since read up on noise issues with that model and reduced the iso so I am shooting at around 100-200, so hopefully I have some luck in the future, but alas it might be too late for these!

The final image of the medicnie bottles, I did not upload yet, but it appearead with an orange dot next it saying it would likely not be accepted if I did. Perhaps it is the names on the bottles? Though they are antiques at this point! (but lets be real haha the soft focus and noise might be at play again!)

Thanks again!MountGreylockAutumnSunset3.jpgPortlandHeadlight01.jpgPortlandHeadlight02.jpgPortlandHeadlight03.jpgPortlandHeadlight04.jpgOldMedicineBottles.jpg

TOPICS
Contributor critique , Troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 27, 2021 Aug 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @J.Bird , Your shadows are underexposed and your photo needs some sharpenening. This will be tough to correct outside of the camera because the shadows are so dark. Best is to shoot HDR. 3 or more photos at different exposures that are mergede together.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much for such a kind and helpful explanation! I'll admit that I've been avoiding HDR for a while but it sounds like it is time to try!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The bottles' picture won't be accepted because of IP. But I see also artefacts The warning is due to some camera settings like high ISO. High ISO can be overcome with noise reduction, however.

Some of your other pictures have soft focus, that can't be corrected. For others, you have a sharpening artefact:

Abambo_0-1630062850416.png

For such pictures, set your camera in manual mode, the lowest ISO possible. The camera needs to be mounted on a tripod. And then you shoot exposure brackets. Even if you don't edit them as HDR as @RALPH_L suggested, you have a better choice of which picture you will work on. HDR is great, if you don't overdo. Pictures always need to stay natural.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much for such a thorough and helpful explanation! I never thought to look for the sort of artifact you pointed out, and I really appreciate you taking your time to help teach!

Sounds like it is time to try some HDR-forutnately I have the tripod and remote ready to go.

Alas I worry about the ISO with this camera--after doing some research this one seems to produce a lot of noise for everyone, and it seems that when I use noise reduction it producdes artifacts! That said I have signifigantly lowered the ISO since so time to see what it can do!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

iso 100 should work... and noise reduction should be moderate. Watch the effect preview of noise reduction at 100%. 

Good luck for your future photos.

If you are new to stock, you should consider these resources: https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/tutorials.html
Please read the contributor user manual for more information on Adobe stock contributions: https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/user-guide.html
See here for rejection reasons: https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/help/reasons-for-content-rejection.html
and especially quality and technical issues: https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/help/quality-and-technical-issues.html

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines