• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photos rejected for technical issues

Community Beginner ,
May 09, 2022 May 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! I'm a new to Adobe Stock, have just signed up yesterday and uploaded 50+ photos. However all of them were rejected unfortunately, due to the "technical issues". I've tried to find out the specific reasons but haven't got a clue. Would anyone let me know what are the problems with them?  

TOPICS
Contributor critique , Troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , May 09, 2022 May 09, 2022

1 - blownout highlights

2 - blown highlights and the tomatoes are not in focus

3 - this one may have been an IP rejection due to the product labeling 

4 - the composition, with something obscuring her right hand, is not pleasing; nothing in focus except the thumbnail, and black & white is not accepted.

Zoom in on all your images between 100-200% and inspect the histogram to inspect for flaws before uploading.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , May 09, 2022 May 09, 2022

0430: I agree, that the "shadow/light" combination is not pleasant. The shadows are underexposed, the light areas are IMO correctly exposed. The picture is, however is not very sharp. The sharp point is on the wall, the stools are not sharp. The composition is unpleasant and as @Marianne-Deiters correctly noted tilts to the right. In addition, you have your signature in the picture.

0002: is really ill focussed. The fruits should be the focussing point. A first look into the histogram shows a

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1 - blownout highlights

2 - blown highlights and the tomatoes are not in focus

3 - this one may have been an IP rejection due to the product labeling 

4 - the composition, with something obscuring her right hand, is not pleasing; nothing in focus except the thumbnail, and black & white is not accepted.

Zoom in on all your images between 100-200% and inspect the histogram to inspect for flaws before uploading.

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 10, 2022 May 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jill_C, 

Thank you for your advice! I re-realised it's not easy at Adobe and need to pay attention to all the basics. I feel like I've been enjoying as just an amature, will try to lean the basic. 

For the third photo, I didn't think the letters would be taken as IP but now I've leant they may have. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In addition to what Jill says - the picture with the chairs tilts to the right.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Marianne-Deiter, 

Thank you for your advice! I re-realised it's not easy at Adobe and need to pay attention to all the basics. I actully didn't think this much tilt would be a problem, but now I've learnt.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Mia photo Tokyo ,

The first photo is not very sharp, but most obvious is its underexposure.

The second has blown out highlights. Also, it is not completely in focus and there is signs of small areas of blue color fringing.

jacquelingphoto2017_0-1652111516017.png

The third is poorly cropped and underexpossed. You must remove all IP labels.

The fourth has motion blur resulting from slow shutterspeed. It is out of focus and in black and white. Your photos are more marketable in color. Customers will do their own convertion if needed. Therefore you must upload all your photos in color.

Please read-up on the Adobe Guidelines for submission. Also here are some Tips For Getting Your Submission Accepted. Here also are some additional tips that tells you What To Look For before submitting.

I hope your found the very helpful

Best wishes\

Jacquelin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

0430: I agree, that the "shadow/light" combination is not pleasant. The shadows are underexposed, the light areas are IMO correctly exposed. The picture is, however is not very sharp. The sharp point is on the wall, the stools are not sharp. The composition is unpleasant and as @Marianne-Deiters correctly noted tilts to the right. In addition, you have your signature in the picture.

0002: is really ill focussed. The fruits should be the focussing point. A first look into the histogram shows a picture that could get a boost of the shadows. At ISO400 there is some noise present that will get enhanced with correct exposure. The composition is OK, but could be better, however, you are missing material to the left:

Abambo_0-1652115257471.png

4089: Is underexposed as shown in the histogram:

Abambo_1-1652115384032.png

For an ISO3200 picture, you have applied correct noise reduction. I have, however, the impression, that some detail is missing. That may also be due to an  unlucky focussing layer. At 1/20s you probably used a tripod for this and if you used one, you could have done better (higher f, lower ISO).  I do not think that "Excelso Cafe de Columbia" is a trademark, but you still could get an IP refusal because of that, if you manage to correct and resubmit. Of the 4 pictures submitted here, this has the best chances to get through after correction.

4133: Don't transform pictures into black and white. The buyer can do that easily. The focus here is too narrow, and even then, I would not exactly say the thumb is in focus. The picture is underexposed, respectively could get a boost of the shadow area bringing more structure to the hair. If the hands and the phone would be mostly in focus, this would be a good picture. Again at ISO3200 there is very little noise, but I fear that your noise reduction also reduced some available detail.

The phone could or could not get an IP refusal, because of the iconic iPhone forms, but that's to test out with a technically correct picture.

As a general advice: do not submit 50 pictures in a row. Submit half a dozen, analyse the refusal, correct, eventually resubmit. With the time, you will learn to look at your pictures like a moderator and preemptively select and correct differently. It's not good for the morale to have 50 refusals in a row. Even today, I rarely submit more than half a dozen pictures in a row. 🙂

If you are new to stock, you should consider these resources: https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/tutorials.html
Please read the contributor user manual for more information on Adobe stock contributions: https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/user-guide.html
See here for rejection reasons: https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/help/reasons-for-content-rejection.html
and especially quality and technical issues: https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/help/quality-and-technical-issues.html

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Abambo, 

Thank you very much for your detailed advice, they are all very helpful and I really appraciate it.  I've just realised it's not easy here and I've been just enjoying just as an amature "photographer". I'll learn the basic of them thoroughly. 

I totally missed that one of them was with my own signature..! 

So far 21 photos have been accepted, which made me motivated , will try nice and slow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I totally missed that one of them was with my own signature..! 

By @Mia photo Tokyo

FYI: The signature will be a Non-compliant-file-refusal.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines