Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Picture rejected for technical issues

Community Beginner ,
Jul 16, 2020 Jul 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everybody,

I'm pretty new here and I don't really get why some pictures are rejected (or not!). Could I have an opinion on this one, which was rejected?

Thanks a lot!

Cecile

TOPICS
Contributor critique

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 16, 2020 Jul 16, 2020

Hello,

A few issues, white balance - it is a bit too blue, so you need to add a bit more warmth- yellow to the image. Exposure, you can bring out more detail in the cat's fur. There is also a problem with artifacts- noise in this case:

+P5297481noise.jpg

Noise can be a bit of an issue at high ISO!

There are a lot of cat photos in Adobe Stock, so you kind of need a WOW factor, and even though - nice cat - it doesn't really stand out from the crowd.

Have a read of this from Adobe about how to create better phot

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

A few issues, white balance - it is a bit too blue, so you need to add a bit more warmth- yellow to the image. Exposure, you can bring out more detail in the cat's fur. There is also a problem with artifacts- noise in this case:

+P5297481noise.jpg

Noise can be a bit of an issue at high ISO!

There are a lot of cat photos in Adobe Stock, so you kind of need a WOW factor, and even though - nice cat - it doesn't really stand out from the crowd.

Have a read of this from Adobe about how to create better photos.
https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/how-to/tips-stock-image-acceptance.html?set=stock--fundamentals--adobe...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 17, 2020 Jul 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks a lot for your answer!

I will take in account your remarks. I also think you're right about the number of cat photos, because some of my photos were accepted although they didn't seem so good to me (but were not cats)

Have a nice day

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Cecile (cc66),

Please find attached some non-technical notes I have made.

Apologies in advance for handwriting on your work, I found it quicker and was with the sole purpose of providing some help beyond the "technical issues" rejection legend we all might have get once or more in our work.

Just trying to provide an "out of the box" perspective. I dared to contribute with good intentions but specially to provide my humble input in this community.

For more formal and professional comments listen to the guys that clearly know what they are talking about.

Keep shooting, learning, and specially, having fun

Cheers,
V

cc66-IMG-0074.PNG

V

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 17, 2020 Jul 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks a lot for your answer!

No problem for writing on my "work": as you can see, I'm not a professional :o) Plus, your comments are helpful and funny.

I'm sure "Are you daring..." is just the kind of thing this cat would say most of the time if she could speak!

Have a nice day

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines