• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Picture was rejected due to technical issues

Community Beginner ,
Jan 20, 2021 Jan 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! I am completely new to the Stock and some of my first few photos was rejected "due to technical issues". Please, help me understand the precise reasons? Thank You & best regards form Poland 🙂 Natalia_MG_9629_1.jpg

TOPICS
Fotolia

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 21, 2021 Jan 21, 2021

Hello,

Not to sound picky, but your photo has no contrast, the colours are a bit dull - it can be brightened up a bit - also the white balance is wrong. It is on the blue side. If you're trying to take the two birds they are too small to be of any use. The composition here is also not that good. The picture looks like a quick snapshot. The foreground is distracting as well.

Inked_MG_9629_1_LI.jpg

So:

• white balance issues
  • general composition

Have a read of this from Adobe about how to create better photos:
https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/how-to/tips-stock-image-acceptance.html?set=stock--fundamentals--adobe-stock-contributor

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They always explain in general the most probably reasons for the rejections
and invite you to read an article about how they need the files must look...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank You for replying, Bayardo.

Yes, i know..., but i am curious what is wrong with the technical quality in this particular photo? 

🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, I had same problem with some photos :(, this is what I found in "Technical problems":

Quality overview
In general, images and videos should be in focus and well lit with no signs of objects. Vectors must be organized, and filled shape paths must be closed. Some of the content may look good in an art gallery, but may not be stock appropriate. Before uploading content, ask yourself how it can be used commercially. If you were a customer, would you buy the image? If the answer is yes, think about what you would use it for.

I leave you the link with the complet information, good luck

https://helpx.adobe.com/es/stock/contributor/help/quality-and-technical-issues.html

LR

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 21, 2021 Jan 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank You, Leovides, these questions sound quite helpful:

"Before uploading content, ask yourself how it can be used commercially. If you were a customer, would you buy the image? If the answer is yes, think about what you would use it for." ...and i feel closer to art gallery than to the stock, but i'll try 🙂

Thank You for the link also!

Natalia

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Not to sound picky, but your photo has no contrast, the colours are a bit dull - it can be brightened up a bit - also the white balance is wrong. It is on the blue side. If you're trying to take the two birds they are too small to be of any use. The composition here is also not that good. The picture looks like a quick snapshot. The foreground is distracting as well.

Inked_MG_9629_1_LI.jpg

So:

• white balance issues
  • general composition

Have a read of this from Adobe about how to create better photos:
https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/how-to/tips-stock-image-acceptance.html?set=stock--fundamentals--adobe...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank You, Ricky, yes, helpfull pointings.

I like the abstract lines as a illusion of a flat surface, especially in this cold white balance.

But, indeed i found the informations about white balance issues.

Thank You!

Natalia

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think focus...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 22, 2021 Jan 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree with your view about the artistic appeal of this picture, but remember, this is NOT a gallery. Adobe's customers are not looking for art, they are looking for technically perfect pictures to use in their commercial projects. If they find "faults" (and they are not experts or art critics), then they will complain - and Adobe's reputation suffers. If they use the picture in a million dollar advert and their are bad comments about their quality of images, from uninformed public, they will be furious. So Adobe limit themselves very much. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 25, 2021 Jan 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are new to stock, you should consider these resources: https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/tutorials.html
Please read the contributor user manual for more information on Adobe stock contributions: https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/user-guide.html
See here for rejection reasons: https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/help/reasons-for-content-rejection.html
and especially quality and technical issues: https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/help/quality-and-technical-issues.html

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 25, 2021 Jan 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank You, i appreciate very much!

Natalia

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines