• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Pictures rejected due to "Technische Probleme"

New Here ,
Dec 29, 2020 Dec 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I'm new in the stock community and started with some of my pictures. But some of them were rejected due to "Technical Problems". In the help article there are a lot of possible reasons to get a rejection for technical problems, so I wanted to ask if you could tell me what's the problem with my pictures.

These three pictures did not work:

mountain_top.jpgriver_longexposure.jpgsunset_paddling.jpg

These 2 pictures did work

mountain_reflection.jpgwaterfall_longexposure.jpg

I would really appreciate your help with these pictures.

Thanks

TOPICS
Troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 05, 2021 Jan 05, 2021

Abambo_0-1609848279078.png

Camera induced artifacts, missing contrast, foreground is to dark. Because of the artifacts, the image is not recoverable.

Sunset paddling:

Abambo_0-1609848541703.png

paddler out of focus, halo around the paddler (did you try to sharpen?),  noise and/or artifacts over the whole image.

Abambo_1-1609848662141.png

Look at the images at 100% and/or 200%. If you see artifacts, excessive noise etc, you need to correct or move on. 

River, long exposure:

Artifacts (could be because of the compression to upload here...), "double" exposure, out of f

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jan 05, 2021 Jan 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Abambo_0-1609848279078.png

Camera induced artifacts, missing contrast, foreground is to dark. Because of the artifacts, the image is not recoverable.

Sunset paddling:

Abambo_0-1609848541703.png

paddler out of focus, halo around the paddler (did you try to sharpen?),  noise and/or artifacts over the whole image.

Abambo_1-1609848662141.png

Look at the images at 100% and/or 200%. If you see artifacts, excessive noise etc, you need to correct or move on. 

River, long exposure:

Artifacts (could be because of the compression to upload here...), "double" exposure, out of focus:

Abambo_2-1609848982859.png

Waterfall:

Even that it got accepted: It could need some exposure correction, it's not really sharp and in the blurred water movement there is some noise or compression artifacts (compression for uploading?). But well, it's a lot cleaner than the previous ones. Next time, for such images, set the ISO to the lowest possible value.

Abambo_3-1609849438995.png

As for the reflection image:

Trees on the right side are sharp, mountains have structure, you still could tweak a little bit here and there, but it's ok. I see compression artifacts however (I still suppose they have been introduced here). You could stretch the blacks a little bit, put in a little bit of local contrast (texture for those speaking Photoshop), but I suppose there is not much to do else. 

All images could have been refused, however, the 2 accepted images would have needed a bad tempered and quite critical moderator. The 3 refusals have reason. The mountain picture and the sun picture are really bad (for commercial use). Put them on social media and they will get some success and probably many likes. The river the same. It is a nice picture for social media, but a buyer would be deceived. 

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi

Thank you very much for your feedback. It totaly makes sense what you said, I will try to get better 🙂

Regards Lian

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

In the mountain picture, you also have lens flare and the sun is burnt out. Having these issues also doesn't make the picture good for commercial use.

Inkedmountain_top_LI.jpg

With the time exposure shot, the branches have obviously moved during the exposure, so this in itself can cause some aesthetic issues. I also think it needs some warmth added to it. It is rather too blue looking. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines