• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Pictures rejected for technical issues (puppy)

New Here ,
Jun 24, 2021 Jun 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have had these pictures rejected for technical issues. Could you be so kind as to give me some advice on why?

Thanks in advance.

TOPICS
Contributors , Troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 4 Correct answers

Community Expert , Jun 24, 2021 Jun 24, 2021

Hello @kristiang45508825 , you have overexposed the puppy so that most details in his fur is lost. These are the bright areas.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Cute puppy; as Ralph said, every image is overexposed in the fur area, which will probably be an ongoing issue whenever you try to photograph him in bright sunlight. If you look at the Histogram on each of these images, you'll see the clipping indicator which denotes that there is no detail at all in some areas of the photo. Depending on your camera model, you may also be able to turn on the clipping indicator for your on-camera review. If I were shooting him, I would probably use the Exposure C

Votes

Translate

Translate

As much as I love puppies & kittens, unfortunately this is a fiercely competitive category.  Adobe Stock's database already contains 1.5 million technically perfect puppy photos which makes this a tough sell. 

Study links below:

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Jun 28, 2021 Jun 28, 2021

Yeah, overexposed - the puppy that is.

I guess you used the auto-exposure function on the camera. This has exposed for the overall photo, but due to the fact, the puppy has white fur, in bright sunlight, the camera hasn't compensated for the white fur. The light is just reflecting off it - like with snow! You need to expose for the fur, but better, not to photograph in bright sun! (The sun can also create harsh shadows, which you don't want for a puppy.)

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @kristiang45508825 , you have overexposed the puppy so that most details in his fur is lost. These are the bright areas.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Ralph, much appreciated.

K

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cute puppy; as Ralph said, every image is overexposed in the fur area, which will probably be an ongoing issue whenever you try to photograph him in bright sunlight. If you look at the Histogram on each of these images, you'll see the clipping indicator which denotes that there is no detail at all in some areas of the photo. Depending on your camera model, you may also be able to turn on the clipping indicator for your on-camera review. If I were shooting him, I would probably use the Exposure Compensation control on my camera to intentionally underexpose to be sure his fur doesn't get blown out.

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As much as I love puppies & kittens, unfortunately this is a fiercely competitive category.  Adobe Stock's database already contains 1.5 million technically perfect puppy photos which makes this a tough sell. 

Study links below:

Better luck with your next submission. 🙂

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 25, 2021 Jun 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Nancy. Great feedback.

K

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 28, 2021 Jun 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yeah, overexposed - the puppy that is.

I guess you used the auto-exposure function on the camera. This has exposed for the overall photo, but due to the fact, the puppy has white fur, in bright sunlight, the camera hasn't compensated for the white fur. The light is just reflecting off it - like with snow! You need to expose for the fur, but better, not to photograph in bright sun! (The sun can also create harsh shadows, which you don't want for a puppy.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines