• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Pinhole camera pictures rejected for "quality" problems :)

Community Beginner ,
Apr 30, 2020 Apr 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I just got rejected pinhole camera shots, i've posted as a contributor. One of them with lot of filters and other fx applied 🙂

Is there a way to have pictures like that in portfolio? Post it as illustration? Mark it as "artwork" or something?

TOPICS
Contributor critique , Contributors , Troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Probably not. Stock is not for pinhole cameras or those old lenses with the nice defects. Stock is more about clean images, sharp with no defects. Anything other will be unusable for the buyer.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your use of the word "portfolio" suggests you see this as a kind of gallery for your interesting work. It isn't. This is a commercial way for Adobe to license photos to buyers with high expectations but often no technical knowledge. Your work may be art, but it also has to be technically perfect. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanx. You're damn right. But .... Your use of word "commercial" suggests buyers should be the ones to decide what they pay for. They aren't 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think Adobe are filtering out all the things that naive consumers may reject, to preserve their reputation for quality. At least, that's how I read it. It means that some kind of content just won't appear at all because it's impossible to meet the standards. For example, some wild animals are very rare and so all existing photographs of them are imperfect... so, nothing in stock. It also isn't encyclopedic. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 04, 2020 May 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Photos on Adobe are for commercial purposes. Commercial is the keyword here. It is a buyer's market. There is probably no demand for pinhole type cameras. The image quality will probably not meet the quality control standards that Adobe wants. Even smartphone pictures often don't make the cut! Reason - Quality.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Stock market is very specific. If you want to sell art, you need to find a different plattform. This is th ecase with all providers in this market.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Fredrixxon,

It would be easier analyzing your work and to highlight the possible reasons for rejection if you upload to this thread a copy of the images rejected. That will help you to quickly learn what will or will not be acceptable. In general however, filtered images are very likely to be rejected if they are not looking natural. 

For those who have access to Adobe Portfolio (Pt), they have the option to create collections.

Regards 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for your replies. I'm aware stocks are not the best place for "art". I just had a little feelig, call it hope, Adobe may be a bit different. Well, I'll try to craeate my collection on Pt.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines