• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Please could I have some technical feedback on these rejected photos I submitted?

Mar 11, 2023 Mar 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I submitted 3 photos (attached )to Adobe stock for reivew. As I am a first time contributor, I would appreciate any comments that would help with why my images were rejected.

Thx,

Sandy.

TOPICS
Contributor critique

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 3 Correct answers

Community Expert , Mar 11, 2023 Mar 11, 2023

I assume the rejection reasons were Technical and not IP.

Adobe Stock customers expect the highest visual and technical quality for use in commercial projects.  Emphasis on commercial.  Posters, billboard & TV ads, marketing, merchandise -- t-shirts, tote bags, calendars, etc... 

Before submitting ask yourself these questions:

Would I buy this?  What would I use it for?

Is this work as good or better than what Stock already has in inventory?

Also read your Stock Contributor User Guide.  T

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Mar 14, 2023 Mar 14, 2023

Hello,

The thing is, is that Adobe Stock Stock is not a photography course, therefore, you won't get detailed feedback. Just a general statement about what the main issues are - quality issues, IP, and so on.

I'd say here it is quality issues - white balance is a bit off for example.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Mar 14, 2023 Mar 14, 2023

IMG_2421 (2).JPEG: the sky is unnatural blue. Shadows need to be lightened up. The trees show effectively a halo, probably due to sharpening. The perspective is OK, I am not convinced that the building should be vertical. Without the refusal for quality issues, you would have got one for IP violations, as surely the building needs a property release.

IMG_1782.JPEG: The bench looks OK, maybe a little oversaturated. But the smiley has artefacts. The smiley also looks like pasted in.

IMG_2411 (

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I looked at the first photo.

At 250% you can see artifacts around the branches. A white halo around the building. Also the building should be vertical.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I assume the rejection reasons were Technical and not IP.

Adobe Stock customers expect the highest visual and technical quality for use in commercial projects.  Emphasis on commercial.  Posters, billboard & TV ads, marketing, merchandise -- t-shirts, tote bags, calendars, etc... 

Before submitting ask yourself these questions:

Would I buy this?  What would I use it for?

Is this work as good or better than what Stock already has in inventory?

Also read your Stock Contributor User Guide.  There is a lot of good information there about what Adobe Stock expects.

Better luck with your next submission. 🙂

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 13, 2023 Mar 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nancy,

Many thanks for your feedback. Honestly, Adobe refuses my photos without
giving any specific reasons, so I do not know what areas to improve on.

I guess my 2 architectural photos I submitted could need a release, although
they are not from a major recognizable building- no names to define the
property.

I met the Megapixels and Megabyte req, but am still left guessing

Do you know of a Photo stock site that is simple to navigate and where one
receives full feedback for a first time submitter using an iphone?

Thanks,

Sandy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe always states the general reason for rejection.  Read the message again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 14, 2023 Mar 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

The thing is, is that Adobe Stock Stock is not a photography course, therefore, you won't get detailed feedback. Just a general statement about what the main issues are - quality issues, IP, and so on.

I'd say here it is quality issues - white balance is a bit off for example.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you.

Sent from my iPhone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sandy,

The megapixels and megabytes requirements get checked during the upload. That's never a refusal reason. Adobe gave you a reason, even if it is a standard reason. that reason tells you what first error the moderator saw. So you should give us that reason (the header, not the text. I have my own collection of nice refusals. The text is unimportant, and always the same for a specific refusal).

BTW: there is no stock site giving a full feedback. They would spend millions to make you a better photographer, but would accept very few assets that are from better photographers. They all prefer the inverse. Full feedback is from here, if you don't choose to refuse answering simple questions, like the refusal reason. Answering that there was no specific reason is not helpful. Give us the unspecific reason.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe gave you a rejection reason. you should tell us the heading of that one. Most pictures get refused because of Quality issues.

If you are new to stock, you should consider these resources: https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/tutorials.html
Please read the contributor user manual for more information on Adobe stock contributions: https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/user-guide.html
See here for rejection reasons: https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/help/reasons-for-content-rejection.html
and especially quality and technical issues: https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/help/quality-and-technical-issues.html

If you are a generative AI contributor, please look into these instructions and fallow them by the letter: https://community.adobe.com/t5/stock-contributors-discussions/generative-ai-submission-guidelines/td...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But what specifically is wrong with these images in terms of quality? Since you seem to know more than the rest of us, please enlighten us instead of just dropping links. What is specifically wrong with this poster's images?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

(Obviously I'm trying to find out for myself, in terms of my own pictures. I also had some rejected for quality, figured it was due to noise or artifacting and thought I cleaned up the images well enough, but they were rejected again with no specific reasoning aside from 'quality issues'. Pic size is good, white balance is neutral, colors aren't overly saturated, etc. So I'm just trying to gather info.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are multiple threads here with a lot of screenshots. When for once I do not do a detailed analysis then I'm busy with something else.

The links are essential links for Adobe stock contributors and will help you to understand the quality requirements. If after reading these information, you still have questions, feel free to publish your picture, as submitted, here in your own thread. If you are lucky you get an in-depth analysis.

Contributing to Adobe stock requires from you to be perfectly aware of the requirements. Moderation is not done to make you a better contributor, but to protect the database and the customers from bad assets.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Deleted User,

Please don't hijack other people's topics.  It's impolite.

If you have a question about your own submission, start a new topic and post the rejected image (full size) and reason Adobe Stock rejected it.

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry if it was impolite, won't comment again in the future. I was honestly wondering why the original commenter's photos were not accepted specifically is all; if they find out why theirs weren't, maybe I will have an idea of why mine weren't as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No sweat! Look at the multiple threads with correct answers. And create your own thread if you do not find a solution there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

IMG_2421 (2).JPEG: the sky is unnatural blue. Shadows need to be lightened up. The trees show effectively a halo, probably due to sharpening. The perspective is OK, I am not convinced that the building should be vertical. Without the refusal for quality issues, you would have got one for IP violations, as surely the building needs a property release.

IMG_1782.JPEG: The bench looks OK, maybe a little oversaturated. But the smiley has artefacts. The smiley also looks like pasted in.

IMG_2411 (2).JPEG Seen at 100%, there is a disturbing double image effect on the concrete right part.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much, appreciate your feedback.

Sandy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Just to say: even that your iPhone pictures are rather clean, an iPhone is not the best camera to shoot for stock.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines