Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Please critique my rejected pictures.

Community Beginner ,
Jul 18, 2020 Jul 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I'm new to the selling process and have had some rejected pictures, due to "technical issues." Looking for someone to help me identify the specific reasons. I use photoshop for editing. I noted file information to help. Your help is appreciated!

Horse eye- dimensions 4043 x 2327, 72 DPI, ISO 100, Focal Length 100 mm, Exposure 1/320 Bit Depth 24

Horseeye closeup: S/A/A

Peacock- Dimensions: 2693 x2680, 72 DPI, ISO 2000, Focal Length 153 mm, Exposure 1/640, Bit Depth 24

Hello Birdfoot- 2400 x 3000, 300 DPI, ISO 400, Focal Length 400 mm, Exposure 1/200,  Bit Depth 24

TOPICS
Contributor critique

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Jul 18, 2020 Jul 18, 2020

Hi El Sea,

All your images are noisy especially at the edges as though excessive post process sharpening was applied.. There is also the matter of color noise . In addition they lack contrast. White balance is not correct. They are too cool and are not completely in focus. Please zoom your images to 100% to inspect for faults. 

Best wishes

JG

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Jul 20, 2020 Jul 20, 2020

Hello,

There are a number of problems with your images. The composition is not very good, the images are noisy:

Hellobirdfoot_noise.jpg

You can see artifacts - it's rather pixely.

Have a read of this from Adobe about how to create better photos.
https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/how-to/tips-stock-image-acceptance.html?set=stock--fundamentals--adobe-stock-contributor

Also, follow the help links from Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi El-Sea

It's pretty obvious to me that focus is the main reason for rejections. With close up images of animals it makes sense  to aim the focus on animal eye or other featured element of the composition. You have applied optimatl camera settings but unfortunately the focus isnt there. 

Kind regards

Eddie Cloud Images and Motion

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the information.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi El Sea,

All your images are noisy especially at the edges as though excessive post process sharpening was applied.. There is also the matter of color noise . In addition they lack contrast. White balance is not correct. They are too cool and are not completely in focus. Please zoom your images to 100% to inspect for faults. 

Best wishes

JG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your response and critique. I'm off to watch videos to help learn proper settings, edits, etc. I'm just editing to my liking on the view of my screen without the understanding of what is correct for printing. Again, thank you for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 19, 2020 Jul 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello El_Sea,

Please find attached some non-technical notes I have made.

Apologies in advance for handwriting on your work, I found it quicker and was with the sole purpose of providing some help beyond the "plain" rejection legend we all might have get once or more in our work.

Just trying to provide an "out of the box" perspective. My contribution is with good intentions only and hopefully produce at least one smile.

For more formal and professional comments listen to the guys that clearly know what they are talking about.

Keep shooting, learning, observing, and specially, having fun!

Cheers,

hellobirdhellobirdpeacockpeacockcloseup-horse-eyecloseup-horse-eye

horseyehorseye

V

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 19, 2020 Jul 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your critique, compliments and humor!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 30, 2020 Sep 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is a high-effort response, and helps me as a newbie understand what Stock photography really is about.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 20, 2020 Jul 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

There are a number of problems with your images. The composition is not very good, the images are noisy:

Hellobirdfoot_noise.jpg

You can see artifacts - it's rather pixely.

Have a read of this from Adobe about how to create better photos.
https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/how-to/tips-stock-image-acceptance.html?set=stock--fundamentals--adobe...

Also, follow the help links from Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 20, 2020 Jul 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the information. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines