Exit

Please Give Your Expert Advice On This Rejected Photo

New Here ,
Aug 31, 2022 Aug 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My photo was rejected by 'QUALITY ISSUES'
I checked tutorial, and can't find a problem
https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/help/quality-and-technical-issues.html

Could anyone help me with  Expert Advice ?

TOPICS
Contributor critique

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 15, 2022 Sep 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for not getting back to you sooner.

Your picture is lacking sharpness and structure. In addition, you have odd reflections on the slices, especially on your left side.

Abambo_1-1663228777563.png

As you can see on the histogram, there are no blacks and part of the whites are missing (that causes the missing structure, low contrast called out earlier):

Abambo_0-1663227967689.png

The lens you used is a cheap but astonishingly good prime lens, but it's able to produce sharp images with the correct settings. I have the impression, that the sharpness plane is on the background paper. The paper's structure looks sharper than the citron slices.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I almost want to tell everyone THE HISTOGRAM, THE HISTOGRAM and again THE HISTOGRAM. This is the first thing to check and already when shooting in order to correct exposure errors and to be able to make a second or third shoot. What we look at with our eyes on the small rear screen of our APN is not enough. Get used to looking at the histogram. Papa is absolutely right and if you read the comments we give.....the histogram is present in 80% of them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Adobe Stock customers expect the highest visual and technical quality for use in commercial projects.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines