Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Please help me understand why these two photos were rejected

Community Beginner ,
Sep 22, 2020 Sep 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

I am a newbie here. I uploaded a few pictures to Adobe Stock, and two of them were rejected. The reason given was, "Unfortunately, during our review we found that it contains one or more technical issues, so we can't accept it into our collection." Here are screen captures of the two images. Both were taken with Sony A7RIII and Sony 100-400 GMaster zoom, if that makes any difference. I edited both in Lightroom. 

Screen Shot 2020-09-22 at 12.24.43 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-09-22 at 12.28.57 PM.png

Any guidance any of you can give would be most appreciated!

Thank you,

David

TOPICS
Contributor critique , Contributors

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Sep 22, 2020 Sep 22, 2020

Your post processing far exceeds what a typical stock image should have. Generally, it's best to provide the clean, sharp, color version of your images so that the customer can add any necessary special effects to match their project exactly. When you do extreme processing like this, you limit yourself only to a customer base that wants that specific look. 

We have done a number of webinars explaining what sells and when that you may find of use. You can see the recordings here: https://www.crowdcast.io/adobestock

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your post processing far exceeds what a typical stock image should have. Generally, it's best to provide the clean, sharp, color version of your images so that the customer can add any necessary special effects to match their project exactly. When you do extreme processing like this, you limit yourself only to a customer base that wants that specific look. 

We have done a number of webinars explaining what sells and when that you may find of use. You can see the recordings here: https://www.crowdcast.io/adobestock

I wish you the best of luck with your future uploads,

Mat Hayward 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mat! What you have said makes perfect sense, and I really appreciate your help. And thank you for your link. It's all cued up for play now. You have other interesting titles too. Cannot wait to watch them! Thanks for taking the time to educate. 🙂 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Wow, the fish slap! That was brilliant, to get the authentic responses! Such a fun and helpful video! My brother and sister-in-law are ophthalmologists, I can hook you up! 😉 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines