• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Please tell me exactly what I did wrong... my first time and I thought they looked good, be brutal

New Here ,
Sep 27, 2022 Sep 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

_MG_5774.jpg

_MG_5656.jpg

_MG_5772.jpg

_MG_1914.jpg

TOPICS
Contributor critique , Troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Including the metadata with your photos is helpful us when reviewing as we can often provide more specific feedback.  In general I found these photos to be too dark, noisy, lack of sharpness, and too much blurred or out of focus in the frame.  Make sure to review histograms and zoom in to between 100%-200% on the details, thats where the flaws really show themselves.

Tree Photo with long filename: Underexposed, Chromatic Aberrations, Noise, and the bottom part of the tree is out of focus and featured prominently in the frame.

IMG 5656: Underexposed and not much in focus in the frame, in need of a color adjustment, and the sky has an odd appearance.

IMG 5772: Noisy, blurry bush at the bottom of the frame, the sky is too bright and parts of it are blown out, details are soft at 100% view

IMG 1914: There is a big blurry branch in the center of the frame, the details look soft and there is noise at 100% view, it's a bit dark and the exposure needs some adjustment.

I hope that helps understand the rejections.

George F, Fine Art Landscape Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After reviewing, I noticed that the file sizes are below the minimum to submit to Adobe.  If you submitted these files, they were most likely rejected due to file size. 

I've never tried it, but it's my understanding it either won't let you upload or rejects automatically.  If I my understanding is correct, it's one of just a few things that is rejected before it reaches a moderator, with almost everything else being reviewed by a person.

If these are not the actual files you submitted, make sure to submit those when seeking advice in the future as it helps us more accurately spot the same things the moderators may have.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

George, you are correct in that Adobe automatically rejects undersized files - they can't even be uploaded to the portal. So the OP has apparently uploaded downsized files here.

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the confirmation @Jill_C!  I couldn't quite recall how that happened exactly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Look at your histogram. As an example, your 1st picture:

Screenshot 2022-09-27 160410.png

Note how the pixels are distributed from black to white. On the left-hand side, the pixels are piled up - weighted up on the black tones - the foreground is too dark. You need to balance out the exposure more; get a more even representation of the pixels. The foreground is also too blurry.

The photo of the goat is also underexposed. It's too dark.

In the 4th photo - exposure is fine, but in the foreground - the tree - is distracting. Why did you include this? It doesn't add to the picture.

You have to think carefully about the composition!

As you are starting it is a good idea to read the Adobe help guides:

https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/tutorials.html
https://helpx.adobe.com/content/dam/help/en/stock/contributor/Adobe_Stock_Contributor_Guide.pdf
https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/help/photography-illustrations.html
https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/help/reasons-for-content-rejection.html

And read about histograms:

https://www.adobe.com/creativecloud/photography/discover/how-to-read-a-histogram.html

Another very important thing to consider is the commercial use of these pictures. Who will use them and why?

To be successful in stock you have to have pictures that are useable commercially. 'Snapshots' rarely succeed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see several issues.

Pay attention to such things as exposure, depth of field and photo composition.

Remove unwanted objects from your photos. Add clouds to white skies. Follow composition rules. 

Here is an example:

1-2-2-Edit.jpg

Remember, your photo has to stand out above hundreds, maybe thousands, of other photos.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Every picture should tell a story to invite viewers into the scene.  I like what you've captured so far but sadly it falls short of what customers expect for commercial use.  Keep working at it.   You will get there.

Better luck with your next submission. 🙂

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The autumn scene is quite beautiful; it's a pity that you were not able to reposition yourself to get an unobstructed view without that giant blurry tree in the foreground !

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines