• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Pls help: These Photos where rejected due to "technical problems"

New Here ,
Feb 22, 2021 Feb 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you please help me with an advice?

Thank you very much - regards, Frank

TOPICS
Contributors , Troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ferris wheel:  IP issues aside, I'm having trouble with your camera angle.  I think that's probably why it was rejected for TI.

image.png

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much for your replay!

- Do you think it would be better, if this line goes exactly to the left/down corner or has it to be vertical to be acceptet?

- "IP issues": this concerns the text "Colossos" (i didn´t suppose that it´s a trademark)? Also the picture in the middle of the wheel?

Best regards, frank

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 24, 2021 Feb 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ferris wheels are constructed.  Somebody designed it, built it and owns it.  So you need a signed release from the owner to sell an image of it commercially. 

Horizontal and vertical lines must be straight. Holding your camera on a diagonal is a big no, no.  I don't think this shot can be salvaged, sorry.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 23, 2021 Feb 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Every thing made or designed by a human has IP rights. They last about 100 years, sometimes more. Suppose one of your photos was pinned up in a park. Now someone takes a picture with your photo in it. Would you be happy for them to sell this photo (of your photo), for it to be used in a million dollar advertising campaign? Probably not. You have rights. So does the owner of the wheel. Could ANYONE recognise it? Certainly, fairground machinery is quite individual and the decoration is unique. So you must approach the IP owner and get their permission.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 23, 2021 Feb 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also... you are expected to have excellent composition. Adobe do not define this, except to give one example: horizon should be level. I would also expect to see the whole wheel, because that would give a designer more options.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 24, 2021 Feb 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

The composition is rather bad in all of the shots. Even if you had the Ferris wheel vertical it still would be bad.

Have a read of this. It's a brief guide on image quality:
https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/help/quality-and-technical-issues.html

and this:

https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/how-to/tips-stock-image-acceptance.html?set=stock--fundamentals--adobe...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines