Copied

20-02-23 lateral ermita.jpg

TOPICS
Contributor critique , Contributors

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 3 Correct answers

Participant , Feb 26, 2023 Feb 26, 2023

I'm not a photo expert but for sure that spotlight ruined the composition and there's a lot of noise in the sky

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Feb 26, 2023 Feb 26, 2023

It's not only that you have noise in the sky and all over the picture, but you have also colour clipping all over the picture, indicating that this has been heavily edited. More, than was good for preserving detail.

Abambo_0-1677438466329.png

I also think that the geometry has been incorrectly corrected.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Feb 27, 2023 Feb 27, 2023

From my viewpoint, it seems as if you did a bit too much post-processing as @Abambo mentioned. ISO is 100, yet still, the sky shows signs of noise/artifacts. The colour at the base of the towers looks as if the shadow details have been lifted too much, also increasing the noise.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Participant ,
Feb 26, 2023 Feb 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not a photo expert but for sure that spotlight ruined the composition and there's a lot of noise in the sky

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

muchas gracias por la respuesta, ami también me sembró dudas ese foco de luz

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The image has noise and artifacts. I agree with @Fabiobtex that the light pole is distracting and should have been edited out. 

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In addition to what @Jill_C and @Fabiobtex have already mentioned:  Parts of the image are soft in the fine details, particularly in the tree and in the corners.  The colors look a bit washed out to my eye.  The highlights also appear too bright in places such as in the middle of the building where it appears the details have been washed away.  I find the shadow on the building distracting as well.  I wonder if the photo would be better suited in softer light?

I hope you have better luck with future submissions 🙂

George F, Fine Art Landscape Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not only that you have noise in the sky and all over the picture, but you have also colour clipping all over the picture, indicating that this has been heavily edited. More, than was good for preserving detail.

Abambo_0-1677438466329.png

I also think that the geometry has been incorrectly corrected.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 27, 2023 Feb 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

From my viewpoint, it seems as if you did a bit too much post-processing as @Abambo mentioned. ISO is 100, yet still, the sky shows signs of noise/artifacts. The colour at the base of the towers looks as if the shadow details have been lifted too much, also increasing the noise.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines