• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problems about uploading PNG / Transparent photos edited in "Lightroom for iPad"

New Here ,
Sep 19, 2022 Sep 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello. 

As i saw a announcement a week ago about Adobe Stock is starting to accept transparent images. So i went and carefully took some object pictures to be used as transparent images category.

Today i checked and i saw 2 of them is already rejected. 

Now i have 2 question and thought.

1) Image is really not up to Adobe's standart

2) Image is not uploaded as transparent so it got rejected.

How i uploaded my transparent images, i will explain it here

- I shoot my pictures.

- I removed background with photoshop on PC

- I transfered all background removed pictures to my Lightroom Cloud.

- From my PC/Lightroom for iPad i edited and fixed the color problems and the rest

NOW, i have a very big issue that i can't find anywhere.

1) After i load my pictures to my Lightroom for iPad mobile edition, after i finished editing, when i want to download the image to upload to Adobe Stock, it downloads as "JPEG" file. Now i know JPEG files are not transparent.

2) Ok, i said maybe it can't download as PNG / transparent yet. So i wanted to directly upload it to Adobe Stock. So i went to upload from Adobe Stock site. Selected cloud albums. Then i selected my ready images. So Adobe directly coppied all my transparent photos to Adobe Stock. Then i sent them like this.

3) Now i am looking at my rejection window and i see this information at the end:

File ID: 530941620

Original name: upload.jpg

Now this makes me suspect it is rejected because it is not transparent anymore? Because it says it is a jpg file.

"Thanks for giving us the chance to consider your image. Unfortunately, this image doesn't meet our quality standards so we can’t accept it into our collection.

Common issues that can impact the technical quality of images include exposure issues, soft focus, excessive filtering or artifacts/noise. Learn more about our technical requirements here."

So can i learn how can i upload my transparent photos from lightroom for iPad as Png / download as png.  So i can upload as transparent?

TOPICS
Contributors , Troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 20, 2022 Sep 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do not know how Lightroom handles files with transparent background, I suspect it to flatten the image simply. You should change your workflow. Do the cutout last and submit the png from your PC.

But it may well be, that you have quality issues independant from the cutout, or that the cutout quality is not good enough. You need to post the image here for us to check.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 27, 2022 Sep 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The thing is.. After put a file into lightroom it turns into an JPG file i think.. Which is weird. After it turned to jpg background is just white. In the end, i used the jpg files that i prepared on photoshop to remove background once more to make it PNG once more.. ZZzzz

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 27, 2022 Sep 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I found this tutorial on how to export a png file from LRC.

https://www.naturettl.com/export-png-files-lightroom/

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines