Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Property release for artworks such as illustrations

New Here ,
Mar 24, 2022 Mar 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey,

I'm quite new here, and I'm wondering whether I must fill property release form here as on Shutterstock if I upload my original illustrations? I mean it's weird, because all the time I uploaded without any release here and my illustrations where accepted. Do they require a release only for models, buildings, photos etc?

P.S. I can't find a release form for artwork, it's only for models and buildings...

TOPICS
Contributors

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you uploading photographs of your hand drawn illustrations or original vector illustrations?  It does make a difference on whether or not release forms required.  If you are taking a photograph of your own original artwork, you will always need to include a property release (https://contributor.stock.adobe.com/static/releases/property/Releases-en.0fc657ba4429206364e631d0849...).

If you are submitting vectors based on a photo, then a release would also be required showing the original photo.  Original vector images you create do not require a property release, as by submitting you are already acknowledging that you have all of the rights to that image.

Here are some resources that may help.

I hope this helps.

Rob R, Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think any original artwork requires a signed release by the artist(s) who created it.  Adobe doesn't know who created it.

If the artwork contains a recognizable person or celebrity, you would need their signed release, too.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 01, 2022 Apr 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hey,

I'm quite new here, and I'm wondering whether I must fill property release form here as on Shutterstock if I upload my original illustrations?

By @Valentyna23731504rzsj

Do as on Shutterstock. You probably can use even the same release.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines