Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Property Release for watercolour illustrations and basic questions on the topic

Community Beginner ,
Feb 22, 2020 Feb 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

(for explanation) I create new pictures, cards, fantasy, vintage, gothic etc. from free and also bought material. Unfortunately I have the problem again and again to submit Property Release. In the vintage sector this is hard to do and it is rather a matter of luck whether the new pictures are accepted or not. But it should be possible to create a solution here that always applies. I do NOT create pictures 1:1 to the original, but invest a lot of time in a new work! Additionally I ALWAYS check if the content I use or need a link to is completely in the public domain (explanation end)

My request:
Today I should send property-release for  watercolor pics that I have created. 

1. the pictures are not photos! I have created them from free or purchased materials
2. i actually have permission to sell these newly created watercolour cards
3. I have uploaded this permission to each picture. It is a permission by mail from the artist. Unfortunately I can not deliver more.
4. how will be proceeded now? Does anyone look at the permission for the pictures? It concerns in this sense picture contents of 2 artists. Me and the lady who gave me the permission to sell them.

Here 2 from 5 cards for example: 

Aquarell blau 01 PR beispiel.jpgAquarell blue 01.jpgAquarell floral 01.jpgAquarell floral 02 PR beispiel.jpg

Sorry for the long text, but I would like to have explained the topic really times understandably, since me nevertheless often arbitrariness is in the activation and I do not know, what is still needed now!

Thanks

Dorothe

(Translate with deepl) 

Edit 23.02.20: In the meantime I have at least found how to upload a property release with a picture directly and I hope it goes its way, whether they are accepted or rejected.  

TOPICS
Contributor critique , Troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 23, 2020 Feb 23, 2020

Hi Darkmoon,

The artwork of your cards are simple and attractive. Once you copy from someone else work a release is required The original artist should fill out and sign the property owner's section, and you fill out the rest as the current artist in the presence of a witness who should also sign. All dates on the form should be the same. 

There are some art work that you originate that Adobe will require releases also, In this case you fill in as owner, and artist and sign both sections in th

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Feb 23, 2020 Feb 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Darkmoon,

The artwork of your cards are simple and attractive. Once you copy from someone else work a release is required The original artist should fill out and sign the property owner's section, and you fill out the rest as the current artist in the presence of a witness who should also sign. All dates on the form should be the same. 

There are some art work that you originate that Adobe will require releases also, In this case you fill in as owner, and artist and sign both sections in the presence of a witness who will also sign. Again all dates should correspond. 

If you use the electronic release, no witness is needed. In that case you fill out the required fields. When you are done it will be sent to the e-mail address you enter on the form, the recipient (owner) fill out the rest and the complete form is made available on your account for you to attach to the relevant art work.

When your work is approved persons who are interested in purchasing may look for, or at the releases to make sure it is okay for them to use your work.

I hope you found this helpful. Please let us know if I did answer your question.

Best wishes

JG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 07, 2020 Mar 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi JG,

thank you very much for your answer, which I unfortunately only saw today because it ended up in spam.

Yes, your comments are very helpful for me, because I did not understand how to use it with Property Release.

Best regards

Dorothe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines