• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PROPERTY RELEASE MISSING (Decorative Figures)

Community Beginner ,
Dec 03, 2021 Dec 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Community.

I hope you are doing well.

I'm facing a problem!

When I uploaded photos of my decorative figures (samples in attach)

Adobe Stock put them in "Reminder", they're asking

for model or property release, and all figures are my own.

Any ideas to resolve this issue.

Thank you.

TOPICS
Contributor critique , Contributors , Fotolia , Troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 03, 2021 Dec 03, 2021

If you are the artist, complete a property release form (see below) and re-submit after you take care of the technical problems.   Both images are underexposed (too dark), and poorly focused (too blurry).

https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/help/photography-illustrations.html

If you are NOT the artist, you can't use the figures commercially without signed permission from the artist who created them.

https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/help/terminology-and-importance-of-copyright.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Dec 03, 2021 Dec 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are the artist, complete a property release form (see below) and re-submit after you take care of the technical problems.   Both images are underexposed (too dark), and poorly focused (too blurry).

https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/help/photography-illustrations.html

If you are NOT the artist, you can't use the figures commercially without signed permission from the artist who created them.

https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/help/terminology-and-importance-of-copyright.html

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 04, 2021 Dec 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, Nancy, for your reply, and the criticism.

I'm wondering how to know the Artist who made those figures if I bought them from

an online store. it's a common product anyone can own easily, not a rare masterpiece, or antique.

Can I consider it as my property?

When shooting my Phone I don't need a property release from the manufacturer (such as Apple).

Thank you.

Fahad M.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 04, 2021 Dec 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No.  Because you don't own the copyright/patents.  Selling those images commercially and profiting from them would put at legal risk for lawsuit by the manufacturer of those designs.  Apple is fiercely protective of their design patents!  And they have a huge legal team and resources to sue whoever they want.  You must find something else to photograph. Sorry.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 05, 2021 Dec 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you again, Nancy.

This is the URL link for the product that I've shot in my photos:

1pc Girl Shaped Decorative Object 

I couldn't find any information about the artist who made it.

Q: Is a "PROPERTY RELEASE" from the Online-store enough legally, or

is the only way that to get it from the artist?

Thank you so much.

Fahad M.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 05, 2021 Dec 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think you're just spinning your wheels with this.  It's unlikely that an online retailer will help you obtain a property release as there's nothing in it for them.   Find another subject to photograph.  And this time pay more attention to your photographic technique — light, focus, depth of field, color balance, etc...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 06, 2021 Dec 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your replies and I appreciate your help.

Fahad M.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ask yourself WHY the artist would give you a property release. If they give you a release, then you can make money selling pictures of their art. It could be used in a million dollar advert, painted on a building, or used in a movie. And they wouldn't see a cent. 

Turn it around... suppose your very best picture won a competition, and was used on the cover of a magazine. Then suppose another photographer took a picture of that magazine, and sold it to Adobe Stock. Now, someone could use that picture - your picture - to advertise cars or a political party. Do you think this should happen without your permission and without paying you a cent?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have to read my post again!

I didn't say we shouldn't take a property release from

the artist, but I said I couldn't find the artist to ask him for the property release.

What if the object is a common product without any mention of its artist.

I have many decorative figures I bought, I don't know their artists.

I think in this case the only way is to try with another object.

Thank you all.

Fahad M.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I read your post very carefully, but you're missing the point. Everything made by a human is protected. Don't waste your time photographing decorative objects, none will be accepted. (Unless they are clearly antiques over 100 years old).

The fact that you cannot find the artist does NOT give you any rights to make a profit from their work. Adobe will block this every time. It is important to read and understand Adobe's rules for IP - to save wasting a lot of time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Be my guest.  They'll all be refused for exactly the same reason.  When you do it too many times, Adobe will ban you and de-activate your Contributor account for violating the Stock Contributor Terms you agreed to.

"Insanity is repeating the same mistakes and expecting different results."

I'm out of here.  Goodbye & good luck. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines