Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Property Release

New Here ,
Nov 05, 2021 Nov 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

I'm totally new to being a stock contributor and have multple questions one is about the Property Release forum. What I upload the most are old historic stuctures that are recognizable landmarks, local historic sites for example. The problem is I don't know how I'd go about getting a property release forum signed. Also a lot of what I'm currently uploading are from my archives dating back a few years. What's your suggestion when you can't upload editorial content. Like I said, I'm just starting on this and want to make sure I'm doing it right. 

TOPICS
Contributors

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Usually structures that are older than 50yrs are ok. Also permanent artwork, such as statues are ok. Some older structures have restrictions. Such as the Eifel Tower at night. Here the lighting is protected. Newer buildings that are the main subject, this is at the reviewers descretion, may  have their design protected and cannot be published.

All trademark names, logos, car licenseplates, identifiable markings and people are taboo. They all require releases. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It depends on the building.  Some very old buildings like Radio City Music Hall in New York City are protected and cannot be accepted for commercial use under any circumstances. 

For more about restricted structures, see the chart below.

https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/help/known-image-restrictions.html

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you think you need a property release, you probably need one. The other way is not always true… But you can always upload.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I have multiple versions of a building or public space or public art and I'm not sure whether a Property Release is required, I upload just one and wait and see what happens... If it's rejected, then I don't bother uploading the others.

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Nov 06, 2021 Nov 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's what I often do as well. While human error is possible, I always assume that Adobe Stock reviewers know more than me about specific buildings/settings and make a decision in good faith, so if it's rejected, it's for good reason and I just move on to other subjects.

Michael

Michael Niessen - Photographer, photo-editor, educator

Photo-editing (Ps/Lr/LrC) and photography workshops & one-on-one training (off- and online)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 07, 2021 Nov 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

(...) so if it's rejected, it's for good reason and I just move on to other subjects.

By @MNiessenPhoto

This is a good approach.

Please note also that moderators refuse at the slightest doubts. Even if there is no known problem ahead, they tend to be on the safe side. This said, I've added some nice old castles to my portfolio. So, it is possible to shoot historic buildings (outside!) and get accepted. Sales is a different side, I do not think that one of my castles has been sold until now… :-D.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines