• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Propriety release

New Here ,
Aug 01, 2019 Aug 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey there. I am very new to stock photography and I no matter how hard I try, I really cannot understand the rules on model and propriety release.

(Guess it's good I am not a lawyer)

So it would be great if you could help me out with some questions:

First, I want to ask if I have to get a model release even if the person is literally unrecognizable (for instance close up of hands, feet, etc.)

Second, should I get it propriety release for photographs of logos, for instance, a bottle of an alcoholic beverage like Aperol or Finlandia?

Third, do you need these kinds of releases for editorial images? Can I submit the photograph solely as an editorial without getting a release?

Thank you in advance

TOPICS
Contributors

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 02, 2019 Aug 02, 2019

You're welcome to ask your questions... but I moved this to the right place: Adobe Stock Contributors​, so that the right people can answer.

filipap91999922  wrote

First, I want to ask if I have to get a model release even if the person is literally unrecognizable (for instance close up of hands, feet, etc.)

Not literally but really unrecognizable: No. Exception: Nudes, there you need always a model release and you need to enter proof that the model is 18+. But be careful: people may be recognisabl

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Aug 02, 2019 Aug 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Read this. It will answer most of your questions.

How to upload a model or property release to the Adobe Stock Contributor portal

Adobe doesn't accept editorial images.

Logos are not accepted. You need a release.

If a person is recognisable - you need a model release.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're welcome to ask your questions... but I moved this to the right place: Adobe Stock Contributors​, so that the right people can answer.

filipap91999922  wrote

Not literally but really unrecognizable: No. Exception: Nudes, there you need always a model release and you need to enter proof that the model is 18+. But be careful: people may be recognisable because of tattoos or other marks.

See here for more information: Model release and protection guidelines for Adobe Stock

filipap91999922  wrote

Second, should I get it propriety release for photographs of logos, for instance, a bottle of an alcoholic beverage like Aperol or Finlandia?

You even do not need to try to submit. Logos are an absolute refusal reason. Also, if the bottle is of a special design (Coca Cola), do not submit as it will be refused. iPhones will be refused on specific design elements like the round knob. Fendt machines will be refused on the green and yellow colour etc. Cars will be refused on specific design elements... All those things would make it impossible to generally use the pictures.

See here for more information: Known image restrictions

filipap91999922  wrote

Third, do you need these kinds of releases for editorial images? Can I submit the photograph solely as an editorial without getting a release?

Thank you in advance

No you will not need model or property release for editorial pictures. But there is a different difficulty: Adobe stock does not accept editorial pictures from standard contributors but only from selected press agencies. Other providers allow also for submission of editorial pictures.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow Great. Very helpful information. Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 05, 2019 Aug 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You're welcome.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines