• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Protection against poor stock content

Explorer ,
Jun 15, 2020 Jun 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I realize that refunding is not not possible Stock content, however, there should be a voting / community warning against poor quality images, as they cannot always be identified until the high resolution version is purchased.  I would propose some zoom preview option on all photos.  I've purchased several images where a sloppy cloning pattern or bad sharpening is suddenly visible upon download.  Very annoying.   Bad quality content should not be allowed on a professional site such as this, and the the ability to warn others before they are duped into purchasing bad images would make a big difference.

xo

TOPICS
Contributor critique , Contributors

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jun 15, 2020 Jun 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great idea!👍

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 16, 2020 Jun 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Bohdan,

We are very sorry about your experience. Due to the rigorous reviews of files, there should be no file of poor quality. I am not sure if there is still residue of poor quality files inherited from their acquisition. I suggest you use the "Contact Us" at the bottom of your account to notify Adobe about this issue. Be equip with the ID of the images of poor quality and make sure to mention them when chatting or sending your message, which ever you choose. 

Please update this thread of the outcome when you do the above.

Best wishes

JG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Jacqueling, 

Thanks for your thoughts on the issue.  I've done as you suggested, and they've passed along the 2 examples I had to some higher authority, and credited me an asset.   Really, I'm not here to complain or claim anything, I just want to be confident that when I purchase an image in the future, that its going to be of high quality.  I was able to polish the 2 examples and make them work, but think that setting some form of public review in place might help in the long term. At the very least, it would leverage crowd sourcing to focus the efforts of the reviewers and add efficiency to the process, flag/notify offending contributors, etc.   Considering I came upon 2 examples in fairly short order says to me that the frequency of questionable content is higher than it ought to be.  I don't assume that my standard of quality is the one to be followed, but I'm be no means the most exacting charactor in here.    The issue with my examples were cloning patterns throughout the first image, and the second was sharpened so much as to create an excesive amount of noise.  Both cases hard to repair...

Thanks again for your time!

b

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Bohdan,

I take it that you did leave your suggestion with the customer care agent that you spoke with. If you did I believe it will pass on to the relevant department. However, from where I sit, those issues you mentioned are known issues for rejections, and might not be spotted by a public voting system, especially by people who do not understand how to look for and identify flaws. 

I've seen one platform using voting system and, without going into details of the outcome, I'll just say, it does not work. One on one review is the best policy. If some file issues get overlooked for whatever reason and you come across it, I suggest you report the file ID using the contact us.

Best wishes

JG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem with voting platforms is that there will be people downvoting high quality pictures just because they don't like the image represented. Adobe has in place a human moderation team checking each picture and believe me, thy are good in detecting flaws. The forum is full of contributers asking why this or that picture has been rejected and sometimes it is not obvious. But looking into the detail you will see the respective fault.

However, there is a large base of older images that are still in the database but do not conform with today's quality standards. If you see such images, report them. You may even use here the forum to report them. The image id will be enough.Alternatively you can go to the customer support and make your claim there. Adobe customer care can be contacted here: https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html - click the small callout at the lower right of the screen and type "agent".

I know, it's frustrating getting more than one bad picture in a row. There is, however, no better way than reporting.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 17, 2020 Jun 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I certainly understand the risks in placing the public in charge with a voting system...  I will try to find time to report when appropriate.   Hopefully a zoom feature becomes a realistic implementation.  I think that would solve the issue I'm presenting. 

Thanks for your time and consideration Abambo.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i would prefer a zoom preview option too. still missing this feature 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines