Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Quality issues — newbie here!

Community Beginner ,
Mar 18, 2023 Mar 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello good people,

I promise you, I'm not getting discouraged by my 1 in 50 photos that actually "make it"!!  I am learning a lot and can usually understand why a photo would be rejected. However, I wondered if someone would be so kind as to help me figure out what went wrong with this photo?

*side note: I indicated that these people were not recognizable... is that perhaps why is was rejected?

Thanks in advance!

Billie

[moderator added refusal reason to the subject, cured topics]

TOPICS
Contributor critique

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Mar 18, 2023 Mar 18, 2023

I'm guessing it was rejected for technical reasons due to washed out sky and too much color saturation.

But it's a nice photo.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Mar 18, 2023 Mar 18, 2023

This isn't particularly relevant as the rejection was for Quality Issues and not for lacking a model release, but if I were to see a photo like this of myself I would recognize me.  Photos like this will very likely need a model release.

Happy shooting 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What specific reason did Adobe give for rejection in this case?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've cut and pasted what it said:

Thanks for giving us the chance to consider your image. Unfortunately, this image doesn't meet our quality standards so we can’t accept it into our collection.

Common issues that can impact the technical quality of images include exposure issues, soft focus, excessive filtering or artifacts/noise. Learn more about our technical requirements here.

To learn more about the type of content we’re looking for, please visit this page.

If you are looking for specific feedback on your image, we recommend you create a post in the critique forum where you can solicit feedback from other Adobe Stock Contributors.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The title is enough. The rest is always the same text for the type of refusal. We know them by hearth. The title will tell us where to look at, as the primary reason.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm guessing it was rejected for technical reasons due to washed out sky and too much color saturation.

But it's a nice photo.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ah yes, I can see that being the reason. Thanks. It's one of my fave photos. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This isn't particularly relevant as the rejection was for Quality Issues and not for lacking a model release, but if I were to see a photo like this of myself I would recognize me.  Photos like this will very likely need a model release.

Happy shooting 🙂

George F, Fine Art Landscape Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

quotePhotos like this will very likely need a model release.

By @George_F

Not necessarily, but with the child in the picture, it may be that moderators would ask for a release. Children are always more critical. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 19, 2023 Mar 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's a nice picture to earn a lot of likes on social media, but the processing makes it unfit for stock, where there is a requirement for quality at the pixel level. 

The coulours are heavily saturated and details are washed out. If you look at the woman's shoulder, you see a seam due to excessive sharpening. 

If you look at the trees, they seem to be watercoloured. There are also heavy artefacts, where the trees meet the sky. 9AB2EFAC-60D3-4828-B1B5-20197D63A35F.jpeg

The sky itself shows unatural colours an structures, all due to the processing. 

My experience is, that views like this do not need a model release, but the constellation (man, child, woman) could make it recognizable, so Adobe could ask for a release. But anyhow, there is no chance to get this through on the basis of the quality issues. 

If you are new to stock, you should consider these resources: https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/tutorials.html
Please read the contributor user manual for more information on Adobe stock contributions: https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/user-guide.html
See here for rejection reasons: https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/help/reasons-for-content-rejection.html
and especially quality and technical issues: https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/help/quality-and-technical-issues.html

If you are a generative AI contributor, please look into these instructions and follow them by the letter: https://community.adobe.com/t5/stock-contributors-discussions/generative-ai-submission-guidelines/td...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!! Very helpful indeed!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You're welcome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines