Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Quality Issues

Community Beginner ,
Oct 07, 2022 Oct 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi people, hope you're fine.
Well, I have submitted 3 photos and they have been rejected due to quality issues. For two of them I can understand the reason, but for one I don't know why it was rejected.
"Wildflower" has soft focus problems and is also underexposed.
"Grandmother" is shaky.
Am I right?

But what is the problem in "Argentine Swimmer"?

Sorry if I write something wrong, I don't know much english.

TOPICS
Contributor critique , Troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 4 Correct answers

Participant , Oct 07, 2022 Oct 07, 2022

Hi, i think it may be focus in all three cases.  In the swimmer picture the foot closest to the camera lens is not in focus.  I like the photo though!  Best regards, John

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Oct 07, 2022 Oct 07, 2022

If you zoom in to 100% you'll see that nothing in the grandmother's hand image is in sharp focus. Perhaps the shutter speed was too slow for an image with motion in it. The composition is also quite cluttered and there is a bit of chromatic aberration.

The wildflower image is also unfocused and seems to be over saturated.

The swimmer image suffers from a depth of field that is too shallow, and the left leg is underexposed. I think a wider view would have been better than this closely cropped ver

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Oct 07, 2022 Oct 07, 2022

Hi @Fer Gette ,

You have too much of a shallow depth of field for all three photos.

The first and last photos are noisy.

You placed the focus at the wrong point for the third photo. 

It would be good if you take some time to look at the Adobe Guidelines and these additional tips that will help you to submit improved quality files.

Best wishes

Jacquelin

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Oct 08, 2022 Oct 08, 2022

Grandmother:

not in focus, and noisy, some optical errors. I would expect the focus to be on the food.

Abambo_0-1665225204567.png

Wild flower:

While this would have been a nice picture, you need to get the blossom crisp sharp (here seen at 100%).

Abambo_1-1665225286884.png

Swimmer:

Noise, focus, and composition. Pictures like this get accepted, if they are well in focus, nicely composed and show some value. I'm sorry, but I can't see that in this picture.

Your grandmother picture would give a pleasant series, if you would show her, correctly ex

Votes

Translate

Translate
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, i think it may be focus in all three cases.  In the swimmer picture the foot closest to the camera lens is not in focus.  I like the photo though!  Best regards, John

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 08, 2022 Oct 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi and thanks you for you response! If you liked the photo, thats means a lot to me!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you zoom in to 100% you'll see that nothing in the grandmother's hand image is in sharp focus. Perhaps the shutter speed was too slow for an image with motion in it. The composition is also quite cluttered and there is a bit of chromatic aberration.

The wildflower image is also unfocused and seems to be over saturated.

The swimmer image suffers from a depth of field that is too shallow, and the left leg is underexposed. I think a wider view would have been better than this closely cropped version.

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 09, 2022 Oct 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks you, Jill! That you say is very useful to me!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Fer Gette ,

You have too much of a shallow depth of field for all three photos.

The first and last photos are noisy.

You placed the focus at the wrong point for the third photo. 

It would be good if you take some time to look at the Adobe Guidelines and these additional tips that will help you to submit improved quality files.

Best wishes

Jacquelin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks you Jacque! I will take a look at the Adobe Guidelines!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are welcome @Fer Gette .

Best wishes

Jacquelin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 08, 2022 Oct 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Grandmother:

not in focus, and noisy, some optical errors. I would expect the focus to be on the food.

Abambo_0-1665225204567.png

Wild flower:

While this would have been a nice picture, you need to get the blossom crisp sharp (here seen at 100%).

Abambo_1-1665225286884.png

Swimmer:

Noise, focus, and composition. Pictures like this get accepted, if they are well in focus, nicely composed and show some value. I'm sorry, but I can't see that in this picture.

Your grandmother picture would give a pleasant series, if you would show her, correctly exposed and focussed and in different situations/settings. You will probably need to set up correct flashlight for this. Those pictures rarely work with snapshots.

If you are new to stock, you should consider these resources: https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/tutorials.html
Please read the contributor user manual for more information on Adobe stock contributions: https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/user-guide.html
See here for rejection reasons: https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/help/reasons-for-content-rejection.html
and especially quality and technical issues: https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/help/quality-and-technical-issues.html

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks you Abambo! I really liked yours photo examples! And I will take a look to the resources. For sure, I will do "Wild Flower" again, but with better depth of field.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 10, 2022 Oct 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks you Abambo! I really liked yours photo examples! And I will take a look to the resources. For sure, I will do "Wild Flower" again, but with better depth of field.

By @Fer Gette

Your wild flower DOF is not faulty. Your focus is wrong or inexistent. The blossom needs to be sharp sharp. Don't expect to get rich with those shoots, however. Your grandmother will trigger probably more sales, if correctly done, then flowers.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines