Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Quality issues

Community Beginner ,
Feb 10, 2023 Feb 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi 

Although I have had some illustrations accepted which I did on illustrator I have had some rejected which I produced as painted images. The feedback is very unspecific so I wonder if I could have some feedback on images from this community. I have attached the 2 images. Thanks Michellde

TOPICS
Contributor critique

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 11, 2023 Feb 11, 2023

As a guess, which is all I have to go on, it might have been refused for technical reasons on account of the textured paper.   Did you title, keyword and describe this as "water color on textured paper?"

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Feb 11, 2023 Feb 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

what was the feedback that was given you? I would assume that its technically a bit washed out, not much detail and overall not so good.

Before you submit, please review the submission guidelines carefully and compare your work with other Stock inventory.

https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/help/reasons-for-content-rejection.html
https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/help/quality-and-technical-issues.html  https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/help/photography-illustrations.html
https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/how-to/tips-stock-image-acceptance.html

Hope that helps.

regards,
Henrik

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Even if the feedback given to you was unspecific, you should give it to us, because the generic refusal reason, despite whot novice users think, is very helpful for looking into the asset. Especially if it's not that clear from the assets you posted here.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi 

I have included the feedback. Hope you can help further. 

Thanks for giving us the chance to consider your image. Unfortunately, this image doesn't meet our quality standards so we can’t accept it into our collection.

Common issues that can impact the technical quality of images include exposure issues, soft focus, excessive filtering or artifacts/noise. Learn more about our technical requirements here.

To learn more about the type of content we’re looking for, please visit this page.

If you are looking for specific feedback on your image, we recommend you create a post in the critique forum where you can solicit feedback from other Adobe Stock Contributors.

File ID: 570040498

Original name: landscape2.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Thanks for your replies. As suggested I have included the feedback below for any further comments. I'm looking for something really specific. 

Thanks

Michelle

Thanks for giving us the chance to consider your image. Unfortunately, this image doesn't meet our quality standards so we can’t accept it into our collection.

Common issues that can impact the technical quality of images include exposure issues, soft focus, excessive filtering or artifacts/noise. Learn more about our technical requirements here.

To learn more about the type of content we’re looking for, please visit this page.

If you are looking for specific feedback on your image, we recommend you create a post in the critique forum where you can solicit feedback from other Adobe Stock Contributors.

File ID: 570040498

Original name: landscape2.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I assume these were rejected for IP issues. As the artist you would need to accompany them with a property release to confirm that you are indeed the creator.

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many thanks Jill. I did upload a copy of the work mid production but perhaps a property release is needed for them all. The property release system of emailing and uploading seems a bit long winded. Thanks agan for your help. Regards Michelle

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe gave you a specific reason got rejection. They will very clearly have said if it was quality issues, release required, or some other reason. You've only said it was "very unspecific", but each reason means something. Please tell us, so we can give you good advice! If you make us guess, you might get worse advice. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Instead of doing extended guesswork: why don't you communicate the refusal reason that Adobe gave to you. 

If you are new to stock, you should consider these resources: https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/tutorials.html
Please read the contributor user manual for more information on Adobe stock contributions: https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/user-guide.html
See here for rejection reasons: https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/help/reasons-for-content-rejection.html
and especially quality and technical issues: https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/help/quality-and-technical-issues.html

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As a guess, which is all I have to go on, it might have been refused for technical reasons on account of the textured paper.   Did you title, keyword and describe this as "water color on textured paper?"

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My favorite watercolor paper is cotton cold press.  But for Stock submissions, I think a smoother surfaced hot press might be a better choice. 

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 14, 2023 Feb 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I think this is the most logical reason!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines