Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Quality issues

Explorer ,
Feb 28, 2023 Feb 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

Quite a few times I get the "quality issues" feedback which is the most frustrating of all, because it tells you nothing.

For instance, these four photos. I have a theory why they were rejected, but I want to hear some other ideas first.

Any help is much appreciated.

TOPICS
Contributor critique , Contributors

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 28, 2023 Feb 28, 2023

Kia ora,

For all your photos there is a focus problem. The pictures could be sharper, you used a wide aperture which resulted in a shallow depth of field (file 0562 is 1.4). And, you have a distracting background with the lights - file 0723, 0562, 0528. The spotlights in 0723 are very distracting! In the last file, the depth of field is also too shallow.

You should increase your aperture.

There are also signs of some noise in the files.

So, the main issue is focus and a shallow depth of field.

B

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kia ora,

For all your photos there is a focus problem. The pictures could be sharper, you used a wide aperture which resulted in a shallow depth of field (file 0562 is 1.4). And, you have a distracting background with the lights - file 0723, 0562, 0528. The spotlights in 0723 are very distracting! In the last file, the depth of field is also too shallow.

You should increase your aperture.

There are also signs of some noise in the files.

So, the main issue is focus and a shallow depth of field.

By the way, did you handhold these? Camera shake can also explain why the photos are not as sharp as they could be.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the response.
It confirmed my suspicions and is very sad, because there are parts that are in focus and that was how I intended it, but I guess I'm too artsy for stock 🙂 There are so many applications for these types of shots.

The potential of noise is only for 0942, but at this day and age I wouldn't call ISO 1600 noise especially since I've had photos accepted with higher ISO. The others attached were ISO 320.

Yes, these are all handheld, but there is no camera shake, because then nothing would be in focus, because of the wide aperture.
Thank you again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually, rarely, but I remember getting rejections that have stated that the image is out of focus and that's fine, because I can understand that, but this "quality issue" can be anything. Just frustrating, that's all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

These days, all of the above comes under quality issues - focus, composition, artifacts, exposure... anything to do with the 'quality' of the photo/asset.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Next time, just have a smaller aperture, say f 5.6/F8; it would give you a bit more depth, especially when taken with a telephone lens. As for noise, unfortunately, this would count - file 0562 - even though it was ISO 320 - it's still noticeable:😒

JP5_0562noise.jpg

And this could be sharper!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could be is the correct term 🙂 5.6 and 8? Next time I'll grab a potato to shoot with 🙂 Just kidding. I get your point.

Thanks for explaining how now all the criteria falls under one umbrella.

Thanks again!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have a full scale picture and only the little screw is in focus, you have provided a bad asset. With some of your assets, you even have not the screw in focus. They would pass with a correct focus.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The first three have almost nothing in focus, not even a complete object, the second and third still have an unwanted strong motion blur, the fourth is beautiful in my opinion, but has a lot of noise and was also blurred

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it required to have a complete object in focus?

There is no motion blur, only a wide aperture and the subject being at such an angle that very little is in focus, but nevertheless, in focus, in fact, those parts are tack sharp in focus, but I understand how it may seem that they are not, unless not zoomed in.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, not all needs to be in focus. But focus still needs to be somewhere. The contributor's manual has an entry about focus. 

If you are new to stock, you should consider these resources: https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/tutorials.html
Please read the contributor user manual for more information on Adobe stock contributions: https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/user-guide.html
See here for rejection reasons: https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/help/reasons-for-content-rejection.html
and especially quality and technical issues: https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/help/quality-and-technical-issues.html

If you are a generative AI contributor, please look into these instructions and fallow them by the letter: https://community.adobe.com/t5/stock-contributors-discussions/generative-ai-submission-guidelines/td...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 03, 2023 Mar 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hallo, für was für eine Verwendung sollten solche Fotos gut sein? Überlege mal mit...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 04, 2023 Mar 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Richtig geschossen, können solche Bilder ihren Reiz haben.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 14, 2023 Mar 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I like the pix and I think they would sell. Try to subit them again maybe under another category.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 14, 2023 Mar 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No you can't just keep resubmitting rejected images under a different catregory hoping that they'll be accepted. These were rejected for technical issues. If the technical issues can be corrected, it's okay to resubmit. Otherwise, resubmitting "as is" is considered spam and can get your account blocked.

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines