• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

question about non-compliant image

Explorer ,
Sep 22, 2021 Sep 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I submitted this photos of poinsettias a few months ago and it was rejected because it claimed I had similar images already submitted. I submitted the poinsettias with some other flower photos, but none of  them were poinsettias. I retitled the file and made sure the keywords were appropriate for the type of flower and resubmitted it. It has again been rejected, but this time as a "non-compliant" image. I've read the description of what that should mean, but my image doesn't fall into any of the described reasons for non-compliance. I don't have similar images submitted, it has appropriate keywords, a model release is not required... Any ideas?

TOPICS
Contributor critique , Contributors , Troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Non-compliant usually means it doesn't meet the submission requirements.

• Image format: JPEG 
  • Color space: sRGB
  • Minimum image resolution: 4MP (megapixels)
  • Maximum image resolution: 100MP (megapixels)
  • Maximum file size: 45MB (megabytes)

https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/help/photography-illustrations.html

https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/help/editing-dos-and-dont.html

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, this image meets all those requirements...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I may be wrong, but it also "non compliant" if the same image is resubmitted unmodified without resolving a problem?

Adobe's reviewers are not botanists, and one red plant may look much like another to them. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The image was resubmitted with a clarified title and improved keywords. The keywords and description make clear what it is. I don't expect the photo reviewers to be botanists or architects or doctors or to have any particular subject matter expertise. That's what the file info data is for, right? I do expect that if a buyer wants a photo of a poinsettia for a Christmas card, they can find one without having to wade through photos of tulips.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Stock contains 100 pages of poinsettia images. 

https://stock.adobe.com/search/images?k=poinsettia

That said, I suspect the reviewer may have simply checked the wrong box.  It looks like this should have been rejected for Technical reasons do to focus issues rather than non-compliance.

image.png

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Fair enough, regarding the number of poinsettia images. If that is the issue, shouldn't it have been rejected for "aesthetic or commercial appeal"?

Regarding the focus issues, yes, there is a selective depth of field at play here. You have purposely seleted the non-focussed corner for your illustration.

I'm just trying to find answers and understand what works and what doesn't, but I'm starting to get the feeling that there really aren't any answers as no one can read the mind of the particular reviewer who decided this was "non-compliant". It's been judged and that's that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines