Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Question about releases

Community Beginner ,
Aug 25, 2020 Aug 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I received a message that two of my images were on hold because they needed property releases. I downloaded and filled them out, then scanned and uploaded them into the release section. However, I don't know how to associate the releases with their related photos. Can someone advise me?

Another point about these images. I have been photographing crocheted dolls that I personally created. I previously submitted three of them that were accepted with no release, now these two were flagged for missing releases. Just thought someone should know there is some inconsistency there. For future reference, which is correct? Should releases be submitted for handmade items like dolls or other knitted or crocheted objects, including those that I myself have made?

As always, thanks for your help.

Lilli

TOPICS
Contributors

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 3 Correct answers

LEGEND , Aug 26, 2020 Aug 26, 2020

If you are the artist who made an object that is photographed, you need to sign a release yourself. I suspect different reviewers may have different views about what is art. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Aug 30, 2020 Aug 30, 2020

The check is done by humans so there is always a difference between one and the other. If, however, the moderator determines that the object is an artwork needing a release and you are the creator, submit one. If you submit a picture of an artwork that is your's, submit a release. It does not make harm.

As for the first question: I've asked someone to have a look here. At worst, you will need to resubmit with the release attached, but I think there is a procedure to do that "correctly".

May be

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Aug 30, 2020 Aug 30, 2020

Hi Lillik,

After you've completed the keywording, captioning, and category selection, above where you type the caption you will see a question "Recognizable people or property?". Below that question you will see "Yes" and "No"' click "Yes".

Click on "Search for an existing release"

Click on the name of the release

You will see the the name under the release dialog box with an "x" beside it and the "Submit" button turn green.

Click on the "Submit" button and your file will be submitted (the "x" b

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Aug 26, 2020 Aug 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are the artist who made an object that is photographed, you need to sign a release yourself. I suspect different reviewers may have different views about what is art. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 30, 2020 Aug 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The check is done by humans so there is always a difference between one and the other. If, however, the moderator determines that the object is an artwork needing a release and you are the creator, submit one. If you submit a picture of an artwork that is your's, submit a release. It does not make harm.

As for the first question: I've asked someone to have a look here. At worst, you will need to resubmit with the release attached, but I think there is a procedure to do that "correctly".

May be reading this will help you: https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/help/upload-a-model-or-property-release.html

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks very much. The article is very helpful. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Lillik,

After you've completed the keywording, captioning, and category selection, above where you type the caption you will see a question "Recognizable people or property?". Below that question you will see "Yes" and "No"' click "Yes".

Click on "Search for an existing release"

Click on the name of the release

You will see the the name under the release dialog box with an "x" beside it and the "Submit" button turn green.

Click on the "Submit" button and your file will be submitted (the "x" beside the name is to give you an option to remove it in case you place the wrong name in error.}

You can attach as many releases as is necessary for a particular file. For a file with six people you click on each of the six names one after the other. You will see each of the names listed below the release dialog box.

I hope this helps

Best wishes

JG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you so much for the detailed instructions! 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines