Copied

Hi. What's wrong with the quality?

TOPICS
Troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 05, 2022 Oct 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

The misty shot is underexposed - it's too dark for a photo and there are white balance issues as well as focus issues. In the second shot, the back of the person in the foreground is too much out of focus so it is distracting, there also appears to be some filtering effect used; for stock, this is not a good idea!

It is also hard to know what exactly you want to show!

It would be a good idea to read some of the Adobe help guides to get a better idea of what they want. What you have submitted isn't it!

Have a look at the Adobe Stock tutorials:
https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/tutorials.html

https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/user-guide.html/stock/contributor/help/reasons-for-content...

Have a read of this from Adobe about how to create better photos:
https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/how-to/tips-stock-image-acceptance.html?set=stock--fundamentals--adobe...

A lot of thought really needs to go into taking photos for stock (in order to be successful). It's not about taking a photo with your smartphone, then uploading it to stock.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. 9533 - In my opinion, the blurry foreground and appearance of a light effect at the end of the bridge led to the rejection.  I see what you did here and I'm certain it was intentional.  I think it's cool, but not well suited for stock.  The bridge by itself in sharp focus would make for a better asset, with a property release of course!

6088 - Although not underexposed per say, this still appears dark to me.  There also isn't a ton in focus in the frame.  Compositionally, I had a hard time determining the focal point of this image.  I wonder how it works be used by a Stock customer?

George F, Fine Art Landscape Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

9533 You are right. Man is blurred specially. Focus on the bridge. The concept of a person's life path. Property release present
6088 Focus on the outermost branches and grass. Usage: boring, scary, depressing background. 
If such use?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Shooting a photo a certain way or editing a certain way doesn't necessarily mean it's a good fit for commercial stock use.  I understand that rejections are hard when we put so much passion into our craft.  I like to treat rejections as a learning opportunity though, sometimes it's just figuring out what criteria different agencies are reviewing their photos by.

Good luck with future submissions 🙂

George F, Fine Art Landscape Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines