• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Question Regarding my ICON Set

New Here ,
May 17, 2023 May 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a Icon set consisting of 54 Icons, All are Custom Made, which i designed months ago for my client, who cancelled it, Now, what would be the better option for me, Should i upload One by One, i mean Single Icon, or Sheet of Icons! 

I am afraid, if i upload icons in Single Form, they will not approve, Experts suggestions are required! 

Thanks

TOPICS
Contributor critique , Contributors

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , May 17, 2023 May 17, 2023

My first advice is to to check your competition. There is intense competition for icons in Adobe Stock, and unless you can stand out, nobody will ever buy anything (leaving aside the question of whether Adobe will accept). How to do this:

- think of the keywords someone might use if they want work like yours

- search Adobe stock with those keywords

- scroll through the first 10-20 pages (that's as far as a customer would go)

- repeat many times with different keywords

(This process helps you tune key

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My first advice is to to check your competition. There is intense competition for icons in Adobe Stock, and unless you can stand out, nobody will ever buy anything (leaving aside the question of whether Adobe will accept). How to do this:

- think of the keywords someone might use if they want work like yours

- search Adobe stock with those keywords

- scroll through the first 10-20 pages (that's as far as a customer would go)

- repeat many times with different keywords

(This process helps you tune keywords, as well as check art. Your keywords are just as important as your art, if you want to sell anything).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also: if you have redesigned trademarked icons, such as those for Facebook, Apple, Twitter, LinkedIn, Photoshop... these are complete no go, no matter how much you have added art or style.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree with @Test Screen Name to begin by looking at similar icon sets in the Adobe Stock database. It seems to be a very competitive genre, and it appears that sets of icons are preferable to single icons, probably because Buyers don't want to spend a credit for just one at a time.

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

50 is a lot. I would organize vector icons in categories and submit an artboard of vectors (.ai, .eps or .svg files), probably no more than 10-12 icons per set.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines